cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prioritizing messages in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I have to priorize some messages in PI 7.02 but I'm with some doubts.

First of all, I'm following this doc: http://scn.sap.com/people/community.user/blog/2005/12/12/how-to-prioritize-messages-in-xi

My doubt are:

1- I have to set low priority to the queue XBTR but using this doc, this queue is not visible as Queue prefix.

3- How to create a new queue?

2- How can I know, how PI set messages on a queue or on another?

Thank you so much.

Luciana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

refer below link and follow same procedure

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/59e837d3-0201-0010-c096-dc1869733...

EO mode messages - queue assignation happens in random way so you can control that .

Check how many regitser queues are available in system.

You can check in MONI like which queue processed interface message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

That's the same doc I have.

It's not clear for me, the "queue prefix" the document mentions. Because I cant find my queue "XBTR" on it.

Thanks

Luciana

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luciana,

Go to SMQR transaction in PI server to find out the prefixes and corresponding queues which are available in your system.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SXMB_ADM--->CONFIGURE FILTER FOR QUEUE Prioritization---->display register queues.

It displays the list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nabendu,

thank you so much.

I saw on sxmb_moni and I could see the queue name is: XBTR0004.

On SMQR, the name is: XBTR*

But it's not available here:

Wich one should I set on this case? I have set low priority.

Thank you.

Luciana

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luciana,

At Runtime this Suffix is generated. So you will see only XBTR*, not the suffix 0004.

Check the below document for more about this:

http://scn.sap.com/people/sap.india5/blog/2006/01/03/xi-asynchronous-message-processing-understandin...

I think you want to prioritize EO for Inbound / Outbound Interfaces. Then you can use "XBT1" for Inbound and "XBTA" for Outbound and then add the Interface Name and Namespace in the Filter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nabendu,

Yes. I realized that the XBTR* mens all the 000's... that can appears (like 004,003, 002, etc).

Actually, I want to set a low priority to all the messages (Inbound) that is processed by this queue.

I'll check this doc i've sent.

Thank you so much

Luciana

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luciana,

As per my knowledge, you can not influence any Queue (like make XBTR* as Low Priority), but you can add all the Interfaces which you want to make Low in the filter of the PI provided Low Priority 'Default' queue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Very interesting!!!!

I'll do that and test it.

Thank you very much

Luciana

Answers (0)