Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used Serial Number available in new delivery again

former_member211526
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Requirement: A serial number once used should not appear in the delivery --> extras --> serial number screen for selection again.

I have created a Serial number profile and assigned to mat master. Its config is as follows: Exist Req is checked and stckCk is blank. Fro SDLS, Ser usage = 02 and for SDCC ser usage = 03.

I created a serial number for a part number in IQ01 and saved it. Then I created a delivery and entered this serial number and PGId the delivery. When I create one more delivery for same part # I can still see and use same serial number again and PGI without any warning or error.

How can we control this ? We do not want to use same serial number again once its been used in a delivery.

Thanks for suggestions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It will not allow you to assign the same Serial Number  to a delivery note once it was already assigned to another delivery note.

If it is allowing you to do so, then please check BS23 and check for the System status EDEL -Assigned delivery note And double click on it to check whether Business transaction PMS3 is allowed or not

regards,

santosh

former_member211526
Participant
0 Kudos

Its forbidden, just like in your screen shot.EDEL --> PMS3 --> Forbidden is checked.

former_member211526
Participant
0 Kudos

If the status is EDEL it does not permit me to use same serial number. But once I PGI the delivery the status changes to ECUS and then it permits me to use the already used serial number. The setting for ECUS --> PMS3 --> Warning is checked.

If I change this to forbidd. will the system not permit usage of already used serial number ? Does this setting have any other impact ? I mean is this status only for serial numbers ?

One more this a used serial number should not appear on selection screen in delivery. Any ways to achieve this ?

former_member211526
Participant
0 Kudos

More information:

If I change ECUS --> PMS3 to forbidden then system does not let me choose already used serial number. But this brings another problem. I am not able to take return for this serial number either.

So I tried ECUS --> PMS5 (delivery to customer) --> forbidden. This checks serial number during PGI and gives error if serial number with ECUS is used. But this will permit return delivery and PGR.

Whats the standard way to ensure serial number is not used twice ?

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member211526
Participant
0 Kudos

One more piece of information: When I PGI the first delivery the status on serial number changes to ECUS and during second delivery when I select the used serial number I get warning messages but I am still able to proceed and choose the used serial number.

BS011

IO203

* SAP should never let us use sames serial number. The whole purpose of serial numbers is to establish uniqueness.