Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP proxy to file

former_member745782
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello everybody,

I'm working with SAP pi 7.1

We designed a interface proxy abap->PI-> file (ftp).

We have some problems with it. Sometimes work, sometimes no. We not implemented ccBPM.

It's necessary use ccBPM in this case? bridge sync - async?

Or maybe exist a more clean solution?

thanks in advance

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you need acknowledgement feedback into the proxy based on some result you expect back from the File delivery? If no then you can keep a simple asynch transaction without ccBPM.

As Raj suggests, please give more detail on the error you see when it doesn't work. Maybe you need help finding the error message itself? Are you checking Runtime Workbench?

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member745782
Active Participant
0 Kudos

ok, now messages arrive correctly on asyncronus mode. And they arrive on adapeter.

But now we have a new problem.

On FTP server we see just the first file. All messages after first, stay in status "delivering" in adapter monitor.

The communication channell is active! ftp server is up and running.

Any suggestion?

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>On FTP server we see just the first file. All messages after first, stay in status "delivering" in adapter monitor.

Please check whether messages got stuck in queue. If so deregister and reactivate the queue in PI too. Since first message did go through i don't suspect problem with the connectivity.

former_member745782
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Bashar,

we tried but no result.

The messages are not in SMQ2. They are processed correctly on queue.

We find messages in Adapter monitor (RW monitor). All messages are in status "to be delivered" and "delivering".

We tried also to deactvate Communication Channel and reactivate.

No result

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>We find messages in Adapter monitor (RW monitor). All messages are in status "to be delivered" and "delivering".

Please check connectivity issues between PI and target system.  Check the credentials/firewall port opening etc though your first message go through without any issues.

Please work with system administrators and see any connectivity log error message on the unix server side..Are you seeing fail in the call adapter step in the sxmb_moni ?  Please also confirm. If that so  , most likely the error is due to connectivity issues.  One more important step to be noted if the target server has disk space issues, you might end up having this problem. THe target system should archive message and leave space for the upcoming new messages.

former_member745782
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Baskar!

we check all these steps.

Connectivity is ok. Disk space too

Still to have all messages in "to be delivered".

Maybe this is a big bug in PI

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried with Java stack restart? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also watch the NWA Default Trace log, maybe for some more error information.

former_member745782
Active Participant
0 Kudos

yes, as i write before, when we restart the engine, they first message create the file.

The others messages after....are stopped in "to be delivered" status

former_member745782
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks to everybody!

so I give you more details.

I don't need a syncronus interface. I just need call the proxy from R3 and i want see a file on the ftp server.

So it's not necessary have nothing back.

Abount the error:

this is what i find in monitor:

<SAP:Stack>Runtime exception occurred during application mapping com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_SP2FS_ACTUAL_MESE_RESP_; com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException:Premature end of file.</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

How i need create the Inbound Service Interface? Sync? Async?

thanks

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Target file format is XML/text file? if u r using FCC parameters in recaiver file adapter

then check once FCC parameters :

and  refer below threads for more clarification :

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1689021

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1445903

and if target file is XML not text format :

once copy the payload in moni the check it in message mapping .

former_member745782
Active Participant
0 Kudos

ok, now i solved problem with mapping.

But now i have the problem in Adapter monitor.

In SXMB_MONI i see this:

but in Adapter monitor i find the messages in error:

"Synchronous timeout exceeded."

any suggestion?

PS : I'm using the Service Interface in Async mode.

former_member745782
Active Participant
0 Kudos

any suggestion?

former_member745782
Active Participant
0 Kudos

So, I still to ha the problem ((

the conclusion is:

I'm working with a abap proxy to file interface.

when i test my proxy from ECC i have this error:

INTERNAL.CLIENT_RECEIVE_FAILED Error while receiving by HTTP (error code:

402 , error text: ICM_HTTP_TIMEOUT) (See attachment HTMLError for details)

the message arrive correctly on PI but i see the status LOG (green point) in SXMB_MONI.

In Adapter Monitor i see a message in status "cancelled with error" and whne i check details i see the log "Synchronous timeout exceeded.".

In Communication Channell monitor when i select the Receiver Communicatio Channel (FTP) i see it in green status, but no one message is transited inside (very strange..)

I check the proxy configuration in ECC and everything seems ok. I launch SLDCHECK and it work fine.

I tryed to encrease the timeout parameter in SMICM but without result.

any idea?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro, I know you have set Service Interface to Asynch, but apparently your message is still trying to process in Synch.

This is confirmed the same Service Interface referenced in your Receiver Agreement?

Can you please show screen shot of your Receiver Determination - Configuration Overview tab?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, maybe your proxy is trying to run synchronously. Does it have a commit work statement?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/20/46e3e5975b4de49f222519dd2b7dee/content.htm

former_member745782
Active Participant
0 Kudos

At the moment S.I. is set as Sync. we tried to use S.I. in Async but messaged not arrived in PI.

Here a screen of Rec. Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

I think you cannot use File Adapter in Sync mode, someone please correct if I'm wrong.

If the message does not arrive in Async mode, please double check the ABAP side of Proxy to make sure it is commiting.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

I also have the same idea, we can use File as Sender side but not File at Receiver side in Synchronous communication. Another thing, which I asked before, what Proxy is expecting as a Response.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Aaron: There is no need to correct your statement. File adapter behavior is always async whether you use as sender(though the adapter gives option for best effor) or receiver. If you use RequestResponseBean and onewayresponse bean for async sync pattern then you can create the state to make file sender to receive response from the file receiver.

@Alessandro: Are you specifying outbound &  inbound service interfaces in async mode? If not, sender (outbound interface) stays in the  waiting mode...

former_member745782
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everybody!

@Baskar: I tried to set both Service Interface in Async mode , but in this case i don't receive any message in PI system. When i set both in Sync, then i receive message but i have the error.

@Nabendu: the proxy expected back a empty string. I notify something strange: when we restart PI, then the interfaces work correctly, for 1-2 hours. And we receive file. After 2 hours yhe interface, stop to work.

former_member745782
Active Participant
0 Kudos

last update:

when we publish proxy from asyncronus S.I. we found messages stopped in SMQ2 but in in ECC and not in PI.

Status of queue is ready but they don't run messages.

How can i activate all queue?

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deregister and reactivate the queue again in ECC.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>We have some problems with it. Sometimes work, sometimes no

Are you seeing problem at the sender side or receiver side.  Even if the ftp credential changes you may not see the file moving to the required folder.  That might not be the problem within PI.   Please elaborate more on the failed transactions.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will need BPM only if you want a Synchronous interface. Otherwise you can easily make Proxy as Asynchronous and that should work fine with Receiver File. If its Synchronous, then the question arises that what Proxy is expecting as a Response from File server?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ALex,

List out the issues what you are facing with cunnrent inteface.

you can use request response mechanism to integrate sync-asunc scenarios and there are different options.

Explain your requirement experts will guide you to implementment right design.

Thank you,

Raj