cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM inspection lots and Variant Configurator scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a business scenario that I need to find a solution for it.  I'm hoping somebody else had the same situation and a solution or work-around.

A configurable material has in-process inspection type activated.  The master routing has inspection step operations in it.  A production order created for a VC material have only the routing steps pertaining to the configuration for that particular order.  So, sometimes a routing for orders for a VC material might have inspection steps and sometimes it wont.  Again this is based on the configuration selected.

The issue is an inspection lot is created for all production orders for a VC material at the time of order release EVEN if the order routing doesn't have inspection steps assigned to it.  I do know this is because in-process inspection type is active for the material. 

My question is...is there a way to make the system create inspection lots just for the VC production order routings with inspection operations?  Is this a change in the VC side or in the QM side?

This is also happening when final inspection type is activated for the material.  In this case there is a hard stop for the inventory that sometimes is not needed and causes issues for shipping.

I will appreciate any feedback on this. 

Regards, Aida

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No.. I don't think you'll be able to prevent it from being created without using a user exit.  You might look at the following user exits to suppress the creation of the inspection lots.  I believe they both have a variable in them that if set to "X" causes the inspection lot to not be created.  You have to put in the logic to determine of the lot should be created or not.

QAAT0001 Inspection type determination different from variant 01    
QAAT0002 Control of acceptance lots/goods receipt                   

Your other option is to have someone manually go into the order and from the order under special functions you can cancel the inspection lot.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fire Fighter, I will forward your suggested user exits to our development team for their review and consideration.  This sounds like an option for both insp type 03 (in-process) and type 04 (final) for VC orders.

The users know about cancelling the in-process inspection lots but because there are too many inspection lots created, they have to spend some time doing that.

Thanks much for your reply.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

milind_kulkarni5
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Material Master - QM view. For relevant Insp. type (03 in your case) , maintain SKIPS ALLOWED indicator & try.

It will create Insp. lot only for first GR (against PO or Prod.Order)

Pls. revert if useful.

Regards,

Milind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Milind, thanks for your reply.

The inspection type 03 and 04 already have the SKIPS ALLOWED flag on. 

What the business doesn't want to get is the inspection lot for prod order routings with no quality operation steps.  The system is creating the inspection lots anyway when the material is a VC material and the super routing has a QM operation. 

Thanks again,

Aida

milind_kulkarni5
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to define different control keys for set of Operations related to Inspection stuff  & Operations non related to Inspection stuff.

For insp. related operations - Control key should have indicator for 'Insp.Char .Required '

For non -related operation - Control key should have that indicator blank.

Pls. try & revert if useful.

Regards,

Milind