cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg:ESS customization under lpd_cust and not reflecting in portal 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have customized standard ESS role and added  2 to 3 services and some portal pages for displaying employee information .

And customized the application configuration name HRESS_CC_MENU_AREA_GROUP to ZHRESS_CC_MENU_AREA_GROUP and added my custom role which is created under LPD_CUST .

But the changes of custom role are getting reflected in ECC under preview when i test .

But coming to portal instead of showing custom  services ,it is showing all standard services  in Portal.

Can any one suggest me which step I am missing out while replicating custom role in portal .

please find the attached screen shot  of r/3 preview.

Thanks & Regards

Deepika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First, you need to make sure Portal is actually calling the right launchpad. And if so, is portal displaying the launchpad from the same client you customize in? Usually, Portal points to a different client than the actual customization client. You need to move your changes to the proper client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We done customization of launch pad in 100 client and trasnported the same to 300 client .

And portal is linked up to 300 client .

But all the changes we transported to 300 client are not refelcting portal .

And while customizing ess role under lpd_cust ,its not asking any pkg and request number for saving the changes.

Any other to find out why the changes are not reflectiing in portal .

Regards

Deepika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you created the custom app. config for the ESS MENU? In that case, make sure that the ESS Overview iview points to the custom config instead of the standard config.

Hope this helps.

BR,

Balajii

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Under this component FPM_LAUNCHPAD_UIBB i have customized   HRESS_CC_MENU_AREA_GROUP to   ZHRESS_CC_MENU_AREA_GROUP .

and added the custom role in   ZHRESS_CC_MENU_AREA_GROUP application settings and checked the preview its available in first post that link .

But still its not reflecting custom role.Its still pointing to standard ESS role in portal .

Regards
Deepika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the application config. HRESS_AC_MENU. And then check the component configuration HRESS_CC_MENU_OVP. Make that the SECTION_1 the configuration is pointing your ZHRESS_CC_MENU_AREA_GROUP. Then you could see your custom launchpad.

BR,

Balajii

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What is this Section_1 configuration.

Regards

Deepika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to SE80. Click on Edit Object. Select Web Objects tab and enter App. Config as HRESS_AC_MENU and hit enter. Then on the right side, the application details would be displayed. From there, you can click on Start Configurator from the tool bar. Then the browser opens with application config. Then click on Continue in Change Mode --> Click on Configuration Name HRESS_CC_MENU_OVP (hyperlink to the configuration). Then you can understand, what I am talking about.

BR,

Balajii

Message was edited by: Sai Balajii Nukalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I added custom role in sectio_1 in the preview i am able to see custom services .But when i test the appplication from otherfunctions tab it is showing again standard services .

Do i need to change the configuration names as same show in the below screen.

those standard name's i gave to z .please find the link ess.

Regards

Deepika

Former Member
0 Kudos

From my experience, after you make changes to entries in LPD_CUST, you need to go out and come back into the launchpad and then select the "Transport" option explicitly. It is in the Launchpad menu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean by testing application from other functions tab? I didn't get it! Were you able to see the custom launchpad from the ESS on portal?

BR,

Balajii

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the user parameter LPD_EXPERT and mark the value to X. This triggers the TR on every save of the lpd_cust changes. Hope this helps.

BR,

Balajii

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

The issue is resloved by adding custom ess role which is developed in LPD_CUST tranasction .

In the standard HRESS_CC_MENU_AREA_GROUP.

This custom role will automatically reflect in the portal with required services what we added .

For this we need to provide the access key .

Regards

Deepika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepika, 

Please let me know how you have added the 'Z' Ess role name ( custom ess role )  in section_1  view.

Iam struck at this point.

BR,

Harthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Deepika,

Please let me know , how you have added the custom ess role ( developed in LPD_CUST) to standard HRESS_CC_MENU_AREA_GROUP.   

Br,

harthi

Vipul_Patil
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Deepika,

I am facing a similar problem. Please let me know how you have added the Custom Role to Application HRESS_CC_MENU_AREA_GROUP.

This will really help, as I trying this out for the very first time.

Thanks & Regards,

Vipul Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to SE80. Click on Edit Object. Select Web Objects tab and enter App. Config as HRESS_AC_MENU and hit enter. Then on the right side, the application details would be displayed. From there, you can click on Start Configurator from the tool bar. Then the browser opens with application config. Then click on Continue in Change Mode --> Click on Configuration Name HRESS_CC_MENU_OVP (hyperlink to the configuration). Then you can understand, what I am talking about.

Provide the access key the screen comes into edit mode and in that page provide the  v  add your custom LPD_CUST object name in the role field name .

Regards

Deepika

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have a similar issue.  In the Launchpad, I have created 'separator' lines in between my applications.  However, in the Portal, the separator lines appear at the end of the list of applications.  For example the following is in the Launchpad:

Application xxx1

Separator line

Application xxx2

Separator line

In the Portal, the display is as follows:

Application xxx1

Application xxx2

Separator line

Separator line

Any idea why this could be?  any settings that I may need to change in the internet explorer or portal?

Thanks

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

once chk again why it is not coming can u try in other browser once like firefox