Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP for STO from Allocation vs ATP for STO from ME21N

former_member1063151
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have set automatic creation of delivery for PO.

We have recently notice a weird problem. When we create STO from allocation table, ATP runs, no delivery is created when there is no stock. I can accept this if there is no stock, no committed qty can be calculated hence no delivery. However, for the same article with no stock, when we created it using ME21N...the same ATP runs and we get a committed qty/date and a delivery.

What is also not happening is with ME21N, if only a partial delivery can be satisfied, it will be split into 2 and 2 delivery. But from Allocation..totally nothing.

Has anyone face this problem before care to share some ideas as to what I should look into?

Thanks!

Cheers,

cady

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cady,

When  we talk about STOs automatic creation of them and manual creation can behave enrirely different, as in STOs there is a bit change in background program based on trigger point (i.e. ME21n or APO etc.).

So in your case when you are trying to create delivery automatically, then you need to be sure that system is able to find all the required data for this process, otherwise it will run into error.

Please check this.

Rgds

Sourabh

former_member1063151
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

You are right. Everything needs to be in the allocation table to create a perfect STO like using ME21N.

One have to manually calculate the stock availability and split the delivery according by entering the deliver qty and date in the 'Termine' tab (allocation table item, go to sites, double click on sites ). And the trick is to always sort the sites ascending when splitting the deliveres because when STO is created, it is going through the sites in ascending order (my scenario is creating 1 STO for 1 site). And also be sure that the date entered is able to deliver. What SAP will do is based on the information in the 'Termine' tab and checks if these conditions are able to satisfied. If not, still no deliveries will be created.

Thank you all for your input!

Cheers,

cady

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_thinschmidt
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cady,

The immediate delivery creation might be complicated in case extend methods like product allocation are involved. I'm not sure how the process is exactly, but if there is no requirement for the STO

transfered to APO the allocation tables wont be updated. Make sure that the STO queue will be

transfered to APO before the delivery gets created.

best regards,

Michael