cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can DIMP functionality in sap be activated automatically while upgrading SAP to EHP5?

t_p
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a query regarding "DIMP".

Is it possible that DIMP will get automatically activated while upgrading SAP 6.0 to EHP5.

Provided that DIMP related stack is downloaded while generating Stack.

Any information is appreciated. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As of Release mySAP ERP 2005, the ECC-DIMP software (includes the industry solutions mySAP for Automotive, mySAP for Aerospace&Defense, mySAP for Mill Products and Cable, mySAP for High Tech and mySAP for Machinery, Engineering and Construction) is not longer delivered separately from the standard system, but is a part of the mySAP ERP Central Component (SAP ECC) and has the name SAP ECC Industry Extension for Discrete Industries and Mill Products. This means that the ECC DIMP software exists on the system as soon as you have installed SAP ECC. To use ECC-DIMP, you must first activate it using a switch. The Switch Framework forms the technical basis for activating the software.

For additional information on pre-requisites for ECC-DIMP, refer SAP note

Note 874471 - Additions for installing or activating ECC-DIMP on ECC 6.0

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

t_p
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for the information. The reason i asked the query is cause , for some reason while upgrading ECC system DIMP_STDD become activated. But the other systems dont have the

DIMP activated. And that made me worried. Since other systems are waiting for Upgradation to EHP5 from ECC ERP 6.0 I am not yet sure how it got activated. As change log shows the date when system is waiting for SPDD phase completion. What i was worried is if its possible to DIMP getting activated automatically, or is it COMPULSORY to activate it manually that is my concern.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you share the screen shot from SWF5 where you can see this activated.

Also share screen shots from /ASU/UPGRADE transaction

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Answers (0)