cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict a custom field to not accept any values beyond the drop down options in Customer Master

0 Kudos

Hello Xperts,

Need your inputs.

In my project we have an enhancement to Customer Master. Basically an additional tab (apart from general,Compcode,salesarea) with few custom fields to capture some legacy info.

In one of the field we have provided a list of 10 options as dropdown to choose from.

While the user can choose any one valid value,currently he is also able to edit the field with his custom value.

Can someone help me figure out where do i control this setting for the custom field ? I would like to restrict the User to only use the dropdown values and not update his own values which may cause inconsistency.

thanks for your help,

sircc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you create table for your input entries and add check Table against your Z field then it will restrict user to select entries from table only,they cannot add any value in Z field apart from that.

If you look at standard fields,SAP also works on same concept.Try to put any other entries manually in customer master sales area for fields which has Check table and for fields which does not check table ,you will see the difference clearly.

Regards

Amit

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

You have to take the help of ABAP resource. One possible way of restricting the inputs other than listed is to maintain the fix values or value source to domain of that field.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards,

Atulkumar Dagade

0 Kudos

Hello,

The fact that the user cannot bypass the possible options for the input field can be achieved using the following ABAP instructions. Check the ABAY key word documentation for further info.

OBLIGATORY VALUE CHECK

example: PARAMETERS p_carr TYPE spfli-carrid OBLIGATORY VALUE CHECK

Developers can find examples in transaction ABAPDOCU which I find useful as a SD Application consultant.

Hope this helps.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

You can Implement Standard Function module

SELECT_OPTIONS_RESTRICT

May be you can check with your ABAPers for feasibility of this FM

regards,

santosh