Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mitigation Controls issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using GRC 10,SP-08.

We are trying to create Mitigating Controls in Master Data,here we have given all the required details like Mitigating Controls ID,Name,Organization...,Access Risk,Owners and then Submitted.

Once we have submitted,it is giving message like Details successfully captured.But Mitigating Control is not created.

If I try to create Mitigating Controls with same ID,it is also giving same error,I mean MC is not created in system.

FYI-We have created workflows for SAP_GRAC_CONTROL_MAINT and Control Assignment Approval Workflow.

Please check and advice in this.

Thanks & Regards,

Koteswara Rao.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Koteswara

I'm not sure what error that is

I managed to get Mitigating Approval WF successful with the following:

• Set up Access Control Owner in NWBC for Mitigating Monitors and Mitigation Approvers
  • Set up the Org Structure and assign the Owners
  • Parameter 1061 had to be set to YES
  • MSMP for Process SAP_GRAC_CONTROL_MAINT had to be configured to set agent (I kept it simply for my prototype by leaving the default path and maintaing the existing agent of GRAC_CONTROL_APPROVER (this agent had to be assigned in the mitigating control definition)
  • Completed the IMG "Perform Task-Specific Customizing"   to set TS76308031 to be a general task (look at the help information)

If you do not completed the TS76308031 piece, you will be able to submit the Mitigating Control Request and the MSMP monitor will say it is with an agent but it will not appear in the inbox.

You can check that you have completed MSMP setup by looking at

GRFNMW_DBGMONITOR_WD - MSMP Instance Runtime Monitor

I would recommend you check your Workflow configuration as per screen shot below

This is what the standard looks like:

You need to change it to General Task

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Thank you very much for your inputs.

I have verified all the steps which you have mentioned and now I am able to create MC.

Now I am trying to mitigate user at Risk Analysis - User Level for the risk by clicking on Mitigate Risk.

Here I am not finding Control ID which I have created.Please check and advice me.

Thanks & Regards,

Koteswara Rao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Coleen

I am having the same issue. However, for our system, I am unable to see the TS76308031 in the task specific customizing. In our Dev system, the MC workflow is working. In QA system, that does not work. The above task does not exist in either system.

Can you please help.

Thanks

Snehal Pandya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Have you approved the creation request? they don't seem to appear until workflow appears

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

We are getting error like Unknown parent relationship between CONTROL and it's parent and I have not seen request which came for approval when I am creating MC.

Thanks & Regards,

Koteswara Rao.