Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling high volume file transfer

former_member229310
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a requirement for file to file photos transferring.  

Per day there is an estimation of 1.5 GB of photos to be transferred. from one location to another location. Once the photos are transferred i need to pick the folder & file directory name and update to ECC via proxy.

We are on PI 7.10 SP 4,

I am thinking to go with ,

1) AAE - file to file transfer

2) File to proxy via IE

I would like to know if PI can handle this huge load of transfer.

One more doubt I have is, suppose i set delete mode after read in sender communication channel, during the transfer if there is any failure i have seen the file gets deleted once it is read. Is there any setting that i need to take care that after file has reached the destination the file gets deleted from source directory. if there is any failure during the transformation the source file should not get deleted.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>I would like to know if PI can handle this huge load of transfer.

PI optimum message size to support is up to 5 mb per message. But it would support even say up to 20 mb. The question here is if you get 1.5 GB in few messages then it could be a problem. If  you get photos via several individual messages then should n't be a problem.  Plus AAE would help to some extent in throughput.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PI can handle this load.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should consider chunk mode .

File name and Directory name can be picked from ASMA. Check out blog XI: The same filename from a sender to a receiver file adapter - SP14

Delete mode is riscy, better use archive mode.

/Udo