cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

my problem is -- one of my functional guy generated a financial report. and he got his number also.but that update is failed. we cant simply ignore that failed update. because its no is generated. but its not present in the system. now how can i make it legal?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

go to Tcode SM13 and list the failed updates for the user, here you can get why the updated failed.

Cheers,

-Sunil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

What Sunil has said is correct however i would like to add some thing. In SM13 for that particular update error if you see a lock icon ( enque lock remains) then you can try the repeat update option though chances of this are very slim.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ruchit

can we rerun the failis it possibleed update?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Yes you can re-run the failed update , there is an option in the Menu "Repeat update".

Good luck.

tim_buchholz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh,

you should check note <a href="https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/70085">70085</a> for an explanation what can be repeated and what not. It depends on the flags of the update modules, the fact if the update was synchronous and so on. There is no easy way to answer your question without having seen the update request itself.

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

The OSS note given by Tim is an excellent note for this. It should answer most of your questions. However i would like to explain it to you in slightly simpler terms.

You can reprocess some failed updates. But ...

While updating any table SAP creates lock on the database table. When an update fails due to error in transaction then it that case that lock is released. All such update errors cannot be reprocessed. That is because in absence of locks there is a risk of data inconsistency. So SAP doesnot allow to reprocess such update errors though in the older releases it allowed you to do so. Solution for such update errors in analysis of the transaction/data that was being updated. In the update errors you can find out the dataa that actually was being attempted to be updated.

Second type of errors may occcur not due to erronoeus data but to variety of reasons like connection issues. User is updating something and connection is lost or the application server gets shutdown. In such cases a number of times the locks will persist. The you can select such errors and reprocess them using the option

Update: Single entry/All entries.

So reprocessing of update errors varies from error to error.

Please award points accordingly.

Regards.

Ruchit.