cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the difference between controller usge and interfacecontroller usage

0 Kudos

Hi,

Anybody konw the difference between controller usage and interfacecontroller usage ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

HI Kris and Abdullah,

Thanks for your help.

I asked this question because encountered a problem abount passing value between two components.

I created two component, COMP_DATA and COMP_VIEWS.

In component COMP_VIEWS, there are two nodes, DATA and STU.

setting of node DATA:

Interface Node: Yes

Input Element:   Yes

attribute:  ID

setting of node STU

Interface Node: Yes

Input Element:   No

attribute:NAME

Also I create a view  to show  the value of node DATA and STU in component COMP_VIEWS

In component  COMP_DATA, I just want to set some value to attribute ID and NAME, hope  pass the value to component COMP_VIEWS. I already know how  to pass the value for these two kinds of nodes.

For node STU, I just create a sampe node STU and bind it to that of COMP_VIEWS  in COMPONENT CONTROLLER. then set the value for attribute NAME. The result tell me this way can pass the value to

component COMP_VIEWS.

But for node DATA, this way doesn't work.  I don't know why.

The only way is to create a INTERFACECONTROLLER_USAGE, and bind the node to that of component COMP_VIEWS.

setting (Input Element) made the way for passing value become totally different.

I don't think Input Element just have the function of making things more diffcult, there must be other function.

So I hope to analysis its function through the question "what's the difference between controller usge and interfacecontroller usage".

Former Member
0 Kudos

controller to be used within that WDA component. interface to be used by other components that make use of that specific WDA component.