Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a physical inventory/cycle count transaction creating new SKU

former_member1245242
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

– Is there a physical inventory/cycle count transaction creating new SKU, let me know if have for both IM & WM levels ?

appreciate your quick responses.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh ,

Physical inventory bin wise , Cycle count material wise is available .

Is there a physical inventory/cycle count transaction creating new SKU ?  I am trying to understand clarity of your statement as PI & CC while creating new SKU ..kindly elaborate business requirement.

Thanks

jinoy

former_member1245242
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks jinoy for the quick response, the business requirement is to create new sku during physical inventory or Cycle count transactions at material level in IM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh ,

Generally we use physical inventory for counting SKU  and adjust any physical vs system difference .

Why business would like to have new material while using physical inventory , Kindly elaborate business requirement ?

Thanks

Jinoy

former_member1245242
Contributor
0 Kudos

Jinoy, 

thats the only info/requirement i have with me right now,

do we have in standard sap the above requested option in any PI transaction either in IM or WM ? pls let me know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh ,

Havent come across any transaction in standard.

Thanks

jinoy

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Physical inventory is meant to  count stock.

It is possible to "create" stock, in case the book stock was zero, but you found some stock when counting.

But the precondition for such case is that the stock was already in the system before.

Because you need to have a storage location view in material master, as the physical inventory cannot create this view itself, like it can be done with Goods receipts.

if your materials are batch managed, then you need to have a record in MCHB table to be able to post stock, SAP cannot create this stock segment of the batch record itself with physical inventory transaction. Same is valid for any other special stock.

So the option to use a physical inventory to create stock is very limited.

As said before, if you had already stock of that material/batch and it was just zero while you created the phyiscla inventory document.. and it may  not even be listed on the physical inventory document, then it is possible in MI04 and in LI11N to add such findings to an existing document.

Answers (0)