cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to populate the 2nd column instantly if user keyed in some data in 1st column?

former_member194142
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I put a editable ALV table on my_view, this ALV has 2 columns, say, 1st is Employee number and 2nd is Employee Name. The 1st employee number is editable column, but employee name 2nd column is read-only column, well, i got it fine, But, my requiremnt is when user enters any valid employee number (F4 help is available) then, IMMEDIATELY my ABAP code should populate that employee name in 2nd column, i mean, its a new entry in this case.........like wise, if user entered 10 entries and then modified any entry in that case also i need to re-populate  / corrent the chnaged employee number name, i mean, here its modification situation, pls. let me know how can achive my requirement (populating the associated name in 2nd column as soon as user enters / modifies the data in 1st column)

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use OVS for the Employee Number Column.

Make the ALV as Editable for Employee Number Column.

Create OVS usage and assign to Employee Number Attribute at Node.

Create an event handler  method  with on_ovs as event.

In that method based on entered employee number get employee name.

Regards,

Paul

former_member210266
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

In case of dictionary search help, you can map the fields from the search help to the fields of the structure you want to populate.

Here, I have added a search help on the field Supplier, But I have mapped the Supplier ID field with the search help field Supplier ID.

So when ever the user will select a supplier using search help, the supplier ID will automatically get filled.

Reward points if its helpful

Regards

Swati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Need to have a event for filling second row. It can be done when user hits enter on first row. Use the ALV event onEnter.

-Manish