cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collecting multiply IDOC's in one message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a scenario where I'm collecting around 1000 IDOCs and then I have recived them all the file is bundled into a single message.

The problem is that the processing time for the 1000 idocs are around one hour, with full load on the system.

I was therefore wondering if there were a way to make the SAP system bundle the IDOCs and send them into XI on one message.

I currently have thought up of two solutions.

*A solution would be to create a proxy but then I have to create the same data as the IDOC does.

*The other solution is to let SAP store the message on the disk and then let XI read the file and convert the data to the IDOC, but this requires the file adaptor to transform the document into an XML message.

Are there any other there are easier to implement.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Check this Blog for Idoc message packaging,

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/09/xiidoc-message-packages

Just a tricky idea, You can create a file and put the mode as append, This file will keep on appending for all the Idocs.In this case you need to ensure that after completion of collecting Idoc messages file should be replaced and the file strucutre should be flexible as per this idea.

Cheers

Veera

>>>Reward points,if it is needful

frank_klingl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

See my how to guide How to Send Multiple IDocs Within One XI Message on SDN:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30ea2fdf-f047-2a10-d3a2-955a634b...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found that this is possible in SP 11.

The new features pdfs describe this function like.

With special filter technology, you can select IDocs at

runtime with the aim of not sending them out immediately

but collecting them and finally sending them out in one

package to the receiver system.

My problem is that I do not know how to configure this option.