cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM SC Approval Workitem "Text" change

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a requirement to change the workitem text.

Currently it shows up:

Approve Shopping Cart &WF_PDO.DOCUMENT_ID& with Value &BOR_OBJECT.TOTALVALUESTRING& &BOR_OBJECT.CURRENCY&

Business needs it to be:

Approve Shopping Cart &WF_PDO.DOCUMENT_ID& with Value &BOR_OBJECT.TOTALVALUESTRING& &BOR_OBJECT.CURRENCY& created for &BOR_OBJECT.REQUISITIONERNAME&

Issue is that : text can't be more than 120 characters.

TaskID is 40007953.

Do we have any BADI or way to meet this requirement. Is offline approval BADI work for this also?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hello,

how did you solved your requirement. I've the same requirement to display in WI text the supplier, which is not as element in standard WI. Thank you very much in advance. Best Regrads Radek Hanus

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Sandeep

I have a similar requirment where I need to add SC creator name  Product category and vendor name

1. Could you please explain to me from where I can understand how to put those values like in your example you have put &BOR_OBJECT.CURRENCY&  where do we get these from ?

2. Also I would like to change it for all items in the inbox so do we consider more
TaskID apart from the one you mentioned  40007953 .. How do i find the same ?

Please be so kind to assist

Regards

Vinita

Former Member
0 Kudos

We modified the standard report /SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALSEND and added the following logic:

1. Call the Function Module BBP_PD_SC_GETDETAIL and pass the guid of the Shopping cart and fetch the Partner details of the shopping cart.
  2. Read the entire Partner data based on the partner function key of the requisitioner.
  3. Call the Function Module BUP_BUT000_SELECT_SINGLE to get the business partner number
  4. For this give input of partner id from partner table and fetch the data from BUT000 Table based on the given condition.
  5. Declare a variable LV_SUB to pass the Custom subject of the approval email along with standard text.

SAP provide BADI "BBP_OFFLINE_APP_BADI" but in my case Abaper able to achieve it modifying the Std. report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

We have a similar kind of requirement where we need to display supplier name

Approve Shopping Cart &WF_PDO.DOCUMENT_ID& with Value &BOR_OBJECT.TOTALVALUESTRING& &BOR_OBJECT.CURRENCY&&Supplier name&.

Our requirement is to change the approval subject in UWL of approver.

Can you please clarify whether your requirement also same or you need to change the mail subject line that will go to approver's mail inbox.

I have seen that in PFTC the limit is 120 characters.Do you know the option to increase the no:of characters?

/SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALSEND report is also used to modify the UWL approval subject or only Email subject?

Kindly  assist.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kalyani

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kalyana,

Kalyani Dadi wrote:

(...)

I have seen that in PFTC the limit is 120 characters.Do you know the option to increase the no:of characters?

(...)

There is no option in standard as data element WITEXT is a CHAR120.

The worklist displayed in user Inbox is generated by RH_INBOX_VIEW_CREATE function modul.

Too many standard modifications are mandatory if you want to have a work item text greater than 120 characters (container, data element, Web Dynpro Component modifications...).

Better solution is to challenge your customer request and to find with him a text being under the SAP standard length limit.

Kalyani Dadi wrote:

(...)

/SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALSEND report is also used to modify the UWL approval subject or only Email subject?

(...)

This report is used to send approval mail: it cannot be used to modify WI container.

Regards.

Laurent.

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vinita,

Vinita kasliwal wrote:

(...)

1. Could you please explain to me from where I can understand how to put those values like in your example you have put &BOR_OBJECT.CURRENCY&  where do we get these from ?

(...)

See screen-shot below:

Vinita kasliwal wrote:

(...)

2. Also I would like to change it for all items in the inbox so do we consider more
TaskID apart from the one you mentioned  40007953 .. How do i find the same ?

(...)

You need to find all relevant standard tasks for concerned Business Object: you can check in OOCU transaction

For example, for SC you have TS 40007952, 40007953, 40007954 and 40007994.

For PO, 40007973, 40007974, 40007995 and 40007996.

And so on...

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the title is indeed limited and actually I don't know of a BAdi to directly change it.

The only thing I could think of is to change the container of the task in order to reduce the characters of the elements(rename or copy). However, for this you should create a new custom task and you also need to make sure that the elements are still correctly populated.

Regards

Markus

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Where do you see this limit of 120 characters? That may be per line; just put the text on two lines.

regards

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

SE12-> HRS1206-> WITEXT- 120 characters.

In PFTC, if i change the text to

Approve Shopping Cart &WF_PDO.DOCUMENT_ID& with Value &BOR_OBJECT.TOTALVALUESTRING& &BOR_OBJECT.CURRENCY& created for &BOR_OBJECT.REQUISITIONERNAME&

Only this much text get populated

Approve Shopping Cart &WF_PDO.DOCUMENT_ID& with Value &BOR_OBJECT.TOTALVALUESTRING& &BOR_OBJECT.CURRENCY& created for &B

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is this SRM 5 or 7? Is this the workitem title and not the actual text?

The title does have a length limit, the text does not, as far as I know.

regards

Rick