Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Validity for a role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We can assign a role to multiple users.

Is it possible to set a validity date for this assignment, so that the authorizations through this role are available till a specific date only.

I know it is possible to do so in SU01, but if there are multiple users to a role, it will be cumbersome to set the validity date for each user. I tried SU10 also, but without any success.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

-Nandu More

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandkishor,

It is possible to gave a validity period to role for a perticular user in the PFCG transaction.

In PFCG, get in to User Tab, here you enter User ID, from date and to date, than do User compare. This would set a validity period for that perticular user.

Please reward points if it is useful.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

manohar_kappala2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can set the validity dates separately for each role by going to Tcode PFCG> USers Tab> and change the dates there.

So you can reconcile the User master records either through PFUD or Backgrnd job of PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY running, the User Master records would be automatically updated as per the restrictions.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/52/6711ec439b11d1896f0000e8322d00/content.htm">PFCG time dependency</a>

cheers,

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

As per my knowledge, the only way is create a SCAT script for that role.

but in general....this type of requirement won't come...normally this type of requirement will come for few users....it may be on the same role or different roles.

what ever it may be...we have to maintain the expiry dates manfully.

if it is really happening to you frequently then go for SCAT script.

Thanks,

Praveen S.