cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Solution Manager 7.1 Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Masters

I'm  starting the installation SAP Solution Manager 7.1 but I don't know wich medias are the correct.

I already downloaded the medias below:

51041939 ORACLE RDBMS 11.2.0.3 LINUX x86_64

51045452 SAP Solution Manager 7.1

51042607 SAP SOLMAN 7.1 SR1 Inst. Export

So I have some questions:

1) Is it the media SAP SOLMAN 7.1 SR1 Inst. Export the Installation Master DVD? If it is, why sapinst do not come with it?

2) I've downloaded sapinst separetely and ran it but I received an error saying that the files control.xml or product.catalog dont exist. There are no such files in the medias that I've downloaded.

Could you help me?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You are not supposed to download sapinst yourself separately, all together in one package, must use the sapinst inside the dvd

please follow the inst guide step by step here

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000513972011E.PDF

You can also follow the basic regular system installation step by step guides from google, there are lots.

Please check.

Thanks

Jansi

former_member183788
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunset,

I done the up gradation successfully in WIndows/MSSQL, For linux also the same.Check the below steps.The installation will not start as same as normal insatallation.

1)Upgrade the system to latest patch.

2)Upgrade SPAM/SAINT.

3)Download the SOLMANUP file and uncar it to the SID directory.

4)Download the correct installation,Export, Language,JAVA files.

5)To start the upgrade program, enter the command <DRIVE> :\< upgrade directory>\STARTUP.BAT(This file will be in the SID-SOLMANUP directory).

6)Start DSUGui.bat  from the USR/SAP/SID/SOLAMANUP/sdt/.

7)You will get the screen for starting the installation and proceed as SAP Notes.

8)After two screens you have to assign the DVD packages.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go to http://service.sap.com/instguides ->  click on S - > SAP Solution Manager -> Select Release 7.1 (on the left side) -> Planning.. You can see the media list required for the installation. Open the PDF and download the required DVD's.

You need the following DVD's.

1. Oracle RDBMS DVD.

2. Oracle  Client

3.Kernel DVD

4.Software Provising Manager (SWPM ) use the note 1680045 to download the alteast DVD.

You can get the DVD number from the above PDF

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal