cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in adding new SAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've to deploy some application on a new system, the system is well created and the person who created it told me that the ID for abap is 00 and the ID for java is 10

So to add the new system I'm going on preferences:

But after OK nothing happen, the system is not added and I've no error message.
If I try with instance number 0, the system is created:

and I can eventually deploy my applications but I can't find them on portal as it's not the correct system.
If I put a wrong instance number I have an error message:

So I can't understand why with instance number = 10 I've no error message but the system is not added.

Any clues?

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Symptom:
AS Java Server is not visible from NWDS:

Answer:
Open DEAFULT.PLF file in /usr/sap/(SID)/SYS/profile and set service/protectedwebmethods to SDEFAULT and then restart the engine.

Workaround:

In case you would face any problem when applying the above solution, then use the workaround:

in NWDS' menu go to Window -> Show View -> Other, and select the Management Console. Right click on SAP Systems, add system, and enter the hostname and instance number. A pop up will ask to enter an adm user and password, enter them both. Then go back to the Preferences, SAP AS Java screen and your system will be there.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is it that difficult to find out the system number?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to add the system through

Window -> Show View -> Other -> Management Console. adding the new SAP Systems on the right with hostname and instance number.