cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operation POD extremly slow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have noticed on 2 users that the POD - Operation turns slow when using the POD.

It takes several (> 5) seconds just when clicking in a field before the interface responds

back so we can enter data.

Internet explorer says "a script on this page is causing internet explorer to run slowly"

We are running SAP ME 6.0.4.2 with Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 8.

Have anyone noticed this before?

Br,

Johan Nordebrink

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

I have not. I would try to narrow down the problem:

- Check it on different client machines.

- Check IE9.

- Clean client's java cache.

- Check and maybe update client's Java.

- Check configuration of POD layouts and try to find out on what exact actions, with what layouts it becomes slow etc.

Br, Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the answer.

- The users are only experiencing this on their own machines. If they login to another machine and
  then login to SAP ME it works. If another windows user logs in to their machine it also works

perfectly, so it seems to be Windows profile related issue.

- Is IE9 supported for SAP ME 6.0?

- Clearing users java cache does not solve the issue

- What are the latest supported Client Java version?

- When the trouble appears it affects all POD's regardless of layout. It affects all actions in POD.

Br,

Johan

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

It clearly looks like client machine/software related. I would recommend to start with basic troubleshooting steps for IE slowness like cleaning IE/user temp folder, reseting IE settings to default (there's such button in IE Options), and trying to disable third-party browser extensions.

Regards,

Konstantin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem was related to the users windows profile. Exactly what was wrong in the profile, we don't know, but removing the Windows user profile and then loggin in again solved the issue.

We noticed that the users had a lot of third party browser extensions. Next time we will try removing those and see if that solves the issue.

Br,

Johan

0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

As to the versions; IE9 can be used according to PAM and SAP Note 1594439. Let me cite the Note:

'   Microsoft Internet Explorer version 7.0, 8.0 or 9.0 is required to access SAP ME 6.0 through the web browser.

Recommendation:

Use Internet Explorer 9 with the compatibility mode turned on. There is a known GUI issue with some SAP ME browses - they do not load page style sheet properly if browser's compatibility mode is turned off. This issue will be addressed in upcoming SAP ME 6.0 patches.

-  JVM 6.1
   If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 to access SAP ME 6.0 rich client functionality (e.g. Router Maintenance, Rich Pod, etc.) through the web browser, JVM 6.1 or higher is required.'

Br, Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have also seen issues with some virus scanners.  It seems they scan Javascript as it is running in the browser and causes slow repsonses (slow field to field tabbing).  We ended up disabling the scanning for the ME servers in the virus scanning software.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

This was interesting information since we found on one user that he had downloaded AVG plugin to IE.

Br,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

One way to determine where the slow-down is: use the Windows Task Manager to see what process is using the most of the CPU during the slow period. 

With McAfee, we would see 25%-50% CPU utilization in one of the McAfee processes.  One of the configuration options in McAfee allowed use to prvent scanning from certain servers.

Answers (0)