cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disp+work.exe error: bad host name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm new to SAP and I've installed the Netweaver AS 7.0 32bits trial version because I need to learn how webservices work on this software.

I installed this version and all worked well until I modified the "SAPLOCALHOSTFULL" and "icm/host_full_name" parameters in RZ10.

Actually I followed this tutorial:

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/Others/WebService/Create.htm

I created a webservice from a function module but then I couldn't see it in the WSADMIN interface.

So I tried to connect to the SOAMANAGER interface and I got some errors. One of them was about FQDN (Full Qualified Domain Name).

I read some tutorial about this issue. It was written to give a full qualified domain name as value to the "SAPLOCALHOSTFULL" and "icm/host_full_name" parameters.

So I did it but now I'm not able to start SAP (from SAPMMC) anymore.

My problem:

- The "disp+work.exe" dispatcher in process list goes green for few seconds and then become yellow.

The problem come from the value I assigned to "SAPLOCALHOSTFULL" because I see these lines in my "dev_w0.txt":

M  ***LOG Q0I=> NiPGetHostByName: 'localhost.abc.com' not found: getaddrinfo [ninti.c 895]

M  *** ERROR => ThSetGwParam : NiHostToAddr localhost.abc.com failed [thxxhead.c   19733]

M  *** ERROR => ThIPCInit: ThProfileRead [thxxhead.c   2122]

and "localhost.abc.com" is the value I assigned to SAPLOCALHOSTFULL...

So does anyone know if I can fix this problem (like reseting default parameter values) without re-install all SAP NW again?

Any help would be appreciate

Thx for my English and have a nice day

Thanks

Michaël Stadelmann

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Could you adjust the host file on the server to have an entry like this

<ip address>    localhost   localhost.abc.com

Try ping localhost.abc.com. Ensure you get positive response

Then start SAP application.

Check and post the results.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Please maintain the FQDN name in hosts file

<ip>   localhost.abc.com  localhost

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michaël

You need to just change the value of your paramater SAPLOCALHOSTFULL to old value (just reset the parameter)and just restart the sap system .it will work no need to install the sap system again.

I hope it will solve your issue.

Best Regards,

Atul