cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem installing Hana DXC Delivery Unit

0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am trying to install the Hana Delivery Unit to enable DXC, as per the "SAP HANA Direct Extractor Connection Implementation Guide".

I am attempting to install HANA_DXC.tgz Delivery Unit from the server, but am getting a Java error.

Within the Hana Studio, I'm chosing Import > MyHanaSystem > Server, then selecting the following from the dropdown:

/usr/sap/HDB/SYS/global/hdb/content/HANA_DXC.tgz

I've made sure all Actions are enabled (overwrite inactive, activate objects, bypass validation). The initial simulation was all green, but when I ran the install I got the error messages below. Subsequent attempts show amber for the simulation (warning about overwriting what is already there) but the results are the same.

Our versions are as follows:

Hana Studio 1.0.38 Build id: 201210022202 (368649)

Hana SPS5 1.00.48.372797 (NewDB100_REL)

I've noticed after the job finishes, in the Hana Studio Navigator view, under Content, I now see a package for sap > hana > dxc. There are then 5 folders - the first and last are named 350 and XSA, but the content underneath has no name and any attempt to open it causes further Java dumps.

Any help very much appreciated.

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.ndb.studio.sdk.repository.impl.Repository.getFile(Repository.java:122)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.sdk.resource.repository.core.impl.ResourceManager.activateAll(ResourceManager.java:290)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.modeler.job.type.importexport.ImportServerServicesJob.importServerService(ImportServerServicesJob.java:122)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.modeler.job.type.importexport.ImportServerServicesJob.run(ImportServerServicesJob.java:68)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

thanks

Guy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pattison,

could you please update you hana studio and try to import it again.

Please share the result once done.

Best Regards,

Atul

0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Thanks for the response.

I updated the software to Version 1.0.48, Build id: 201301130825 (372847).

When I tried to import again it said the Studio version was too high for our version of the Hana Server.

I then switched to a 64 bit version of the Studio running Virtual Windows system (we're using the Cloudshare trial that comes with a virtual windows box), and was able to run the import successfully.

Once the install was completed in the 64bit version, I was able to view and use the contents of the Delivery Unit in the 32 bit version without any issues.

cheers,

Guy

Answers (0)