cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up CPH (Central Performance History) collection for SAP Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We have homogenous VMware Landscape via NetWeaver 7.02.  I am trying to set up CPH (Central Performance History) collection for SAP Service.  I am attempting to follow Note “1409604”, which is good for Linux.

SAP_BASIS : SAPKB70209

SAP Kernel :  720_EXT_REL

SAP Kernel Patch number : 310

SAPHostAgent : 720, patch 100

I have registered the sapccm4x (ABAP Stack) and sapccmsr –j2ee (Java Stack) with Solution Manager in the past.  It seemed to provide Solution Manager with all the data needed for CPH Collection before we migrated to the new VMware platform.

Now that we are on VM, I am not sure how to send the OS data to Solution Manager correctly.  I currently have sapccm4x and sapccmsr –j2ee registered with Solution Manager on all of our Application Servers and the Central Instance.  Data seems to be flowing well, however I am not sure if I am doing this correctly.

I just read that as of NetWeaver 7.02, the CCMS agents I am using (sapccm4x and sapccmsr –j2ee) are no longer needed and that the functionality of them both has been built into sapstartsrv.  If that is the case, how do I send the data to Solution Manager for CPH without registering the two agents or can I simply continue with the method I have used?

The Note also mentions registering sapccmsr.  I thought that agent is for Dual Stack only.  Do they mean resister the appropriate CCMS Agent for your scenario (be it sapccmsr, sapccmsr –j2ee, or  sapccm4x) or do you need to register sapccmsr regardless?

Also do you need to go through SAP Management Console to register a Java Stack with Solution Manager or can you simply use the “sapccmsr –j2ee –R pf=<PROFILE>” commands?

Sorry for the long winded explanation.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check

With best regards,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

Were you successful in activating CPH? Please share some more details on how it must be activated.

I am trying to get the CPU utilization for my IBM powered VM SP LPAR processor in EWA report as per OSS Note 1309499.

Thanks..