SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivating Availability Check during Service Entry (SES)

analistia16
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Kindly need your advices on how to deactivate budget availablity check during service entry (SES, t-code: ML81N)

My client requirement is not to conduct budget availability checking during Goods Receipt and Service Entry. I have learned that it is SAP's standard behavior to not check budget availability during Goods Receipt. However, I just found out that it triggers budget availability check during service entry (ML81N).

Is there any way to overwrite this behavior?

Appreciate your kind responses,

Regards,

Analistia

8 REPLIES 8

waldo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, please add the screenshot from your CP Update Control. Trx. OFUP

0 Kudos

Hi Osvaldo,

Kindly find below screen from OFUP:

Please advise,

Regards,

Analistia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Analistia,

First of all, you want to make sure that the FM account assignment on service entry sheet is the same as that of PO. If they are different and the AVC error is issued for the new address, that means the system is still trying to overwrite the PO account assignment based on the FMDERIVE. To fix this you can simply remove the 'Active' indicator on entry FLG_SES_OVERWRITE in table FM01X and execute FMN4N to realign SES with PO. It will help us to analyse the issue if you could upload the PO, SES and AVC error screen shots here.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hi Ming,

I have followed your advice to add active indicator on entry FLG_SES_OVERWRITE as the requirement is for SES and remaining commitment from PO to follow the new account assignment in the derivation rule. And thanks to you, it is working fine now.

Another issue I am facing now is related to availability checking during SES (ML81N). Because from what I have learned, it is SAP's standard to not perform budget checking during Goods Receipt.

I have tested the behavior and it worked fine during MIGO (I have tested both cases for PO and GR in a same year and crossing years) but for service, during ML81N, i encountered budget exceeded error while performing service entry for purchase order created in year 2012 (means FM was performing availability budget check during service entry).

Is there any way to deactivate budget availability check during SES (ML81N)? So far what I have found in SAP notes to activate budget checking during MIGO, but none about deactivating budget check during ML81N.

Kindly advise,

Regards,

Analistia

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use the instructions from note 755495, and activate the badi in the "opposite" sense,

i.e. clear flag ex_check_funds if transaction code is ML81N

best regards

Mar

0 Kudos

Hi Analistia,

GR/IR SES will not check budget only when the FM account assignment is the same as that on the PO and the amount is less equeal to the PO line item. If the FM address is shifted to another one that does not share the same AVC control object with the FM address on the original PO, the system is going to check the budget on the new address.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Thank you Mar, it is working.

But currently we are still facing a complication because service entry is posted from back end (triggered from SRM) hence no t-code can be identified.

Still figure out unique indicator to identify service entry transactions but hopefully we will find the way out soon.

Regards,

Analistia

0 Kudos

Hi Ming,

Thanks for your response,

In this case there was no derivation rule update, so the FM account assignments was not shifted during service entry.

All i can conclude is it is SAP's standard behavior to trigger availability budget check during Service Entry while no checking for Goods Receipt. If we want to make it consistent, we have to add exceptions in FM BAdI explained in SAP notes 755495.

Regards,

Analistia