cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer's end usage of a product

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My client wants to capture the customer's end usage of their product in SAP.  Means, the business would like to maintain, the purpose of buying the product, and the final usage of this product at the customer end....

Is there any standard SAP provision to capture this info in Material master level or Sales order level etc.,  If not, how to enable this process in SAP?

Regards,

Mani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

At what stage SAP user will come to know the usage of this product? I don't think so maintaining in material master will be a good idea because this material will be under multiple uses.

I think you should maintain this information in Sale order level. There is field 'Usage' in Sale order line item level. You can use this field if you can maintain a usage list. If you want to use a text field then you can maintain simple text in sale order level.

Thank$

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As already suggested by others, I have done this via usage field in SAP sales order Item level. Adding to this, we also have end customer details in SO. Basically, End our client sales happens via distributor so the distributor is SP,SH,BP and PY and end customer is the actual buyer from distributor. So, End customer will be another partner function.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai

May I know why you maintained End customer as an additional partner function? What was the requirement behind that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moazza M & Siva,

Thanks for the inputs... it is really helpful.

Regards,

Mani

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you can capture at sales order level

there is a Field called Usage  VBAK-ABRVW   at sales item level-Sales A Tab

Siva