SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automaticly start FPB7

l_molenaar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

At the moment i'm working a bit on the bank accounting / payment processing in FICA. At the moment we import the bank statement in transaction FF_5. After that you have to startup the transaction FPB7 to create the payment lot / storno lot etc.

Is there a way to after running FF_5 to automaticly start the FPB7?

From my point of view the FPB7 is just another handeling the user has to do which could be automated.

Is there anyone that has done this in their system / could help me to do this?

Thanks a lot,

Lukas Molenaar

1 REPLY 1

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Firstly, you have to develop a custom program which would retrieve the file and other relevant informations and then call the lock box program, RFEBLB00 (transaction FPB7).

Once the program, RFEBLB00, is called, it does the rest by creating, closing and posting the lot as per the standard functionality.

Refer to the attached link as well.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3309384

Now create two batch jobs -one for FF_5 and other for a custom program which would call FPB7 internally and make them dependent, i.e once the FF_5 job is completed it would trigger the job containing the custom program. 

So when you trigger the first job,it imports account statements into the SAP System, and gets completed. On successful completion, it will trigger the custom program which will retrieve the account statements and call the lock box program internally which would od the rest.

Hope it helps....

Thanks,

Amlan