cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to distinguish SUP error from RFC function exception?

aybars_morali
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

In some situations my RFC functions raises exceptions and they cause synchronization errors. Here is an example:

com.ianywhere.ultralitejni12.implementation.JniException: UltraLiteJ Error[-857]: Synchronization failed due to an error on the server: [-10244] The MobiLink server has encountered an error and the synchro

How can I understand the source of the synchronization problem? If it is a SUP related problem or an exception raised from RFC function in SAP?

I am using SUP 2.1.3.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

aybars_morali
Participant
0 Kudos

I know the reason of the problem, it is a raised exception in my RFC module.

In my Android application, if it is a real synchronization error caused by SUP, I want to say "Ooops, an error occured during synchornization". But if it is a raised exception in RFC (lets say no_users_found exception) I'll say "Specified user cannot be found".

So, in my (native) Android applicaton, can I understand the reason of the synchronization error?

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I got your requirement. But the exceptions are of different kind and a lot in number, we can't distinguish it.

In the alert dialog you can show only the error message.

-Midhun VP

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hie Aybars,

-857 error code is SQL Anywhere code

-10244 error code is MobiLink server error.

reason could be:

1. connectivity issue between SUP and SAP

2.either SAP username or password is wrong

3.Network is down

4. User doesnt have access to authorize BAPIs

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no particular ways to find whether the error is from SAP or SUP.

But based on our experience we can easily find out from where the issue comes. More information on the error can be found in the logs it gives better idea of the error.

The error you provided is from SAP. It could be of a wrong input to the RFC.

One of the easiest trouble shooting method I used to follow is keeping a break point in the respective RFC and find where the issue comes.

-Midhun VP