cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rename Link in FPM SRM-MDM

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'd like to have a simple question about FPM. Please see attached Screenshot.

I want to rename the marked link from "Bestellung abschließen" to "Übernehmen und sichern".

Any suggestions?

Regards

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

timea_geczi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

SRM-MDM Catalog is based on Java WebDynpro. The only way to customize the UI is through the Configuration UI transaction within the SRM-MDM Catalog. But there is no possibility to customize this link there.

Regards,

Timea

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are many ways this could be done and it depends on how this specific FPM configuration is built. Right-click the link to display the technical details and find what FPM configuration it belongs to. You will need to identify where that text comes from. One option then is to enhance that configuration (or create a new one).

0 Kudos

Hey Abdullah,

I am sorry, but it doesnt works, because its not so easy. This is not a SRM webdynpro configuration, I think its a Java-MDM-problem, but I dont know.

If I try to right-click the link, I get the Standard Internet Explorer context menu:

Regards Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like a Java MDM problem. You might want to move this question to the proper space for a better chance of an answer.

former_member208244
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Abdullah,

I will introduce the most simple way to do that change. Remember that this solution is possible if your text is part of the OTR translation of your SAP GUI.

I never tested it in MDM catalog but, take a look..

1. Copy the text you are trying to change.

2. Log in your server

3. Enter to transaction SOTR_EDIT

4. Enter *Bestellung abschließen* and German language in text correspondent fields.

5. Try to display it like a short or description text.

6. Good luck if you find it, then modify it.

Reward points if usefull.

Best Regards,

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sebastian,

Do you mean even if Thomas is using a Java-MDM application, the text will come from OTR? I don't really know and I don't think so. It'll be an over-kill for the Java-MDM application to get texts from the ABAP box. What would be the point of the whole catalog system if this is true!!

Please note that I'm not the one who asked the question. Your details above are very helpful for translating text within the ABAP box not across systems.

former_member208244
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Abdullah,

All entire SAP SRM was constructed using OTR texts from ABAP box. JAVA, BSP, ITS, does not matter. I am not the developer of it.

My comment explains that if i would be the case, because I do not know where this window comes from, and I clarified it in the comment. Take a minute to consider the good intentionality of my answer.

Regards,

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sebastian,

I was discussing the idea of a Java application (MDM) using text from the ABAP box which I think is is an overkill. I'm not expert in MDM so as I said, I don't know if that's the case. If it is the case, then, there might be good reasons for it that are beyond my field of expertise. Please consider the question is on MDM within an SRM environment not on SRM itself.

Your last statement makes me think you are upset with my answer. I'm not sure why as I was discussing the product/solution and your answer in specific. Your answer is actually very helpful as I said and I, as I'm sure Thomas who posted the question, appreciate your contribution.