cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMAUTH_change scope option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I am working in Sol Man 4.0. I have created user defined roadmap in t.code RMDEF & RMAUTH.

If i enter into t.code RMAUTH, in top menu, Edit---Change scope, this option is inactive.

What is the importance(use) of this option (means change scope)

How to make it as active?

Thanks

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Senthil,

The scoping in the roadmap can be done in the transaction RMMAIN as it is project specific.

To change the scoping is like to filter some nodes out (nodes which are out of scope will be hidden from the tree).

Regards,

Thierry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thierry,

Thanks. So we can not enable this option in RMAUTH. In RMMAIN, in "change scope" option, if i select some nodes, Is those nodes will be either excluded or included in the scope?.

Is this scope selection has any implication in RMAUTH transaction?

My problem is:

In RMAUTH, initial screen i am getting all the nodes & sub nodes as tree structure. If get into "Entry Screen" option, if i click on "Pen" all the nodes & sub nodes are greyed out. I am not possible to see the graphical view if my user defined roadmap. Why? Is it because of "Change scope" option is not enabled in RMAUTH?

Your answer will be very much appreciated

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Senthil,

When you are in RMMAIN and set use the "Change scope", in the selection dialog, all the nodes which will have the checkbox ticked will be put in the scope.

There should be no link with the scoping and the entry edition as when you start the entry screen editor, you should get a dialog message explaining that all the filters and scoping will be disabled for the entry screen creation.

Was your roadmap a copy of a SAP roadmap or it is a completely new roadmap ?

Can you describe what you did ? Just that I can try to reproduce the issue.

First is it a 3.20 or 4.00 version?

So did you add a work area Management ?

Let's say you added 'Work Packages'

Then in the entry screen, below a header, you click on a Pen. A dialog should open, and all the nodes below in header node (where you clicked on the Pen) should be available for selection.

What do you mean with " I am not possible to see the graphical view if my user defined roadmap" ? Are you sure, you are not trying to change the entry screen of a SAP roadmap ?

If it is a completely new roadmap, all the immediates nodes below the top node will be used in the entry screen as header node.

Then you have to add a Work Area management.

Can you let me know where it fails ?

Best regards,

Thierry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thierry,

I am working on Sol Man 4.0. (Upgraded from 3.2 to 4.0). While upgrading the client might have missed some patches.

It is competely new roadmap. I have not copied from standards roadmap.

"I am not possible to see the graphical view if my user defied road map" means, In RMAUTH,if select, "Entry screen", i am getting the "Pen". But if i click on the pen, all nodes are greyed out. Nothing is possible to select. This is my problem.

In RMAIN, i have defined my scope also.

Thanks

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thierry,

Thanks. The problem has been solved by applying the support package SAPKITL419 in SAP note:987320.

Senthil

Answers (0)