cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting PASSWORD_NOT_ALLOWED during sapinst

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting the following error when installing NW DW on HANA.

ERROR      2013-04-08 14:05:00.655 [sixxcstepexecute.cpp:995]

FCO-00011  The step changePassword with step key |NW_ABAP_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|onehost|0|NW_CI_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|ci|0|NW_CI_Instance_ABAP_Reports|ind|ind|ind|ind|abapReports|0|NW_CI_Instance_ABAP_Passwords|ind|ind|ind|ind|abap_pass|0|NW_CI_Instance_ABAP_ChangePasswords|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|changePassword was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step: Function call raised a program-driven exception PASSWORD_NOT_ALLOWED.).

I just previously haf to reset (thru SAPGUI) the password for DDIC and enter the same pw in sapinst as the step where the installer is validating DDIC failed as well.  Resetting DDIC in SAPGUI and installer fixed this step, but now I am getting the error above during a subsequent step labled "Starting Instance"

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

federico1900
Discoverer
0 Kudos

If your instance is up and running and you can login on client 000 with ddic, you can just stop the sapinst and restart it with the option SAPINST_SKIP_ERRORSTEP=true in order to sckip the "change default password" step and proceed with the rest.

antonio_steinhuser
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Have you resolved your issue ?

I'm facing the same issue as you and still cannot fix it.

Could you share your solution if you fixed it ?

Thanks,

Toni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Have you resolved your issue ?

I'm facing the same issue as you and still cannot fix it.

Could you share your solution if you fixed it ?

Thanks,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am now at step 23 of 28 "Restarting Instance";

I am getting an error stating "Unable to open RFC connection".

When I reset the DDIC password to default of 19920706 and restart sapinst I receive the previous error of "Password Not Allowed".  Then when I change the password for DDIC to something other than the default and restart sapinst I receive the error stating "Unable to Open RFC Connection ". 

I would appreciate any suggestions?

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Then when I change the password for DDIC to something other than the default and restart sapinst I receive the error stating "Unable to Open RFC Connection ". 

Are you able to login manually to SAP using GUI with the password for DDIC user ?

Share the dev_wx,dev_ms, dev_disp from work directory when you get error message "Unable to Open RFC connection"

Regards,

Deepak Kori

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

is the password which you have given follow  the password rule ...........just try the password which follow the password rule (i.e. upper case ,lower case number , special cha etc)

Best Regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am now at step 23 of 28 "Restarting Instance";

I am getting an error stating "Unable to open RFC connection".

When I reset the DDIC password to default of 19920706 and restart sapinst I receive the previous error of "Password Not Allowed".  Then when I change the password for DDIC to something other than the default and restart sapinst I receive the error stating "Unable to Open RFC Connection ".  

I would appreciate any suggestions?

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Could you please check sm21 log and post the error if you find any.

and please check the below link

http://scn.sap.com/message/1267035

I hope it will solve your issue.

Best Regards,

Atul

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Could you manually try to start the SAP instance. Once it is successful you may skip this steps and proceed ahead.

If not possible to start the instance please share last 100 lines from sapinst_dev.log file details.

Regards,

Deepak Kori