cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Hierarchy and new version/revision

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am investigating using a document hierarchy as a solution for a customer.

In testing, I have found that if I create a new version of a DIR, both versions then show in the hierachy.

If I release the latest version with a CMR and create a revision, the old version still shows in the hierarchy.

Can someone explain the behavior of versions and revisions in the document hierarchy?

Thanks

I have added an attachment which shows the DIR hierarchy with the old versions and then the same hierarchy

from the product structure browser, which indicates the current version.

I would expect the hierarchy when viewed from the DIR would only show the current version.

Shouldn't it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The immediacy of this issue has returned, and I was hoping for some fresh input.

Is there a way to get the hierarchy display to only display the latest version/revision?

The one reply above says to "manually remove" old version/revisions.

Once the DIR is released, the Superior Document section is not editable.

How do you remove old versions/revisions from the hierarchy display?

Also, when the DIR at the top of the hierarchy is changed, by creating a new version is there a way to copy the current hierarchy from the previous version to the new version?

It seems maintenance of document hierarchies is very cumbersome.

If there is some helpful SAP doc available on creating/changing document hierarchies a link to that information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you are using hierarchy in DMS then its and stdn functionality where u need to create initial and if some change in the document then definitely system will take it the next revision version of the particular document and in hierarchy it will show you the both the first one and revised one. if u only want to see the current and latest one then either manually remove the previous one or remove revision indicator in configuration.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the information.

Can you expain how to "manually remove the previous one"?

In my example, the "previous one" is at status RL with a revision.

Using CV02n, the Superior Document field is not editable so I cannot remove it

that way.

How do you manually update a document hierarchy to remove entries?

Thanks