cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on NWDI, ESS, MSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Background:</b>

We have a new Project on EP (ESS, MSS & NWDI/JDI). I have worked on WebDynPro DCs(Development Components) & NWDI. But, I'm new to ESS & MSS.

<b>Scenario + Our plan</b>:

We are using NetWeaver 2004 (not 2004s) and we are required to <b>customize existing objects</b> of ESS & MSS and then <b>add our new implementation of WebDynPro objects</b> to this.

What we propose to do is to

a. Import the ESS & MSS sca files into the<b> same track(SINGLE TRACK)</b> of NWDI-CMS.

b. Then import this development configuration to our NWDS(developer studio)

c. Modify the existing code + create new webdynpro objects

d. After code change->checkin->activate->release->Generate SCA file

( containing both the <b>Customized</b> and <b>New WebDynPro</b> <b>implementation objects</b>)

<b>Queries</b>:

1. Is the above mentioned plan a right approach? Since, our project is about customizing existing code & adding new webdynpro objects to both ESS & MSS, we have imported both the ESS-MSS packages on to a <b>SINGLE TRACK</b> of NWDI?

Can we use a single track or should we use two seperate tracks - One for CSS & One for MSS.

2. I am told that some ESS MSS packages are still not migrated to WebDynPro, and there might be the traditional MVC<b>/Java code</b> in it. Is this true?

3. If it is <b>true</b>, can we modify->checkin->Activate->Release the <b>JAVA</b> code, just as we modify the WebDynPro DCs? I am told that NWDI (DTR/CMS/CBS) does not support JAVA projects. Is this true? If <b>true</b>, with some of the ESS /MSS being non-webdynpro JAVA objects, will NetWeaver 2004 NWDI support these Java objects in the ESS-MSS packages?

4. This question is an add-on question to QUESTION 2.

Since, I have not worked or seen the ESS-MSS Packages, I do not know what to expect?

In NWDS (NetWeaver Developer Studio), I am aware of 3 main projects that i can create

1. EP Project (JSPDynPage - HTMLB)

2. WebDynPro

3. Pure JAVA Project

So, <b>when i import &open the ESS-MSS packages in NWDS</b>, should i expect to see a mix of EP Objects, Java Objects & WebDynpro Objects?

What would I see inside them?

Will it be EP & WebDynpro objects? Java & WebDynpro Objects ? EP & Java objects? Or a mix of all 3?

5. Is it possible to work on a mix of two types of objects with NWDI? For example, EP & WebDynpro combination?

EP code which we customize + new WebDynPro objects which we create

---> then add them to this SINGLE track? Will NWDI support this approach?

Thanks in Advance,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep

The ESS MSS front end for ERP 2004 and 2005 are based on Web Dynpro . So you wont see Portal component based ESS MSS apps which are based on MVC.

Yes it is advisable to have both ESS and MSS in the same track, apart from these there are other Software Components you will have to import , check the cookbook for XSS applications from the Service Market Place.

Within NWDS you will see only Web Dynpro based components for ESS and MSS.

Yes NWDI can support multiple component types within the same SCA Eg: Portal Components and Web Dynpro . Although for the standard ESS MSS customisation scenario you will not run into this.

Regards

Pran