cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting IDM 7.1 to SAP Business Objects 4.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is there a chance to get IDM 7.1 connected to SAP Business Objects for provisioning roles? Heard about connectors for 7.2 but not sure about my grandfathers version 7.1 😉

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gerhard,

I don't think there is a connector for IdM 7.2 - B0 4.0 yet. It has been planned in SP8.

In CMC of the BO4.0, you have an option to use the SAP or LDAP for Refeering Authentication and User base. You can use either of them and manage the role provisioning. Usually, for SAP authentiation, you would select a BW system if it is used. Or else, you could use the LDAP Option and refer to the Identity Store via VDS.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Murali,

does this mean there is no need to touch BO 4.0 when setting refeering authorization to BW or LDAP. So all needed data can be retrieved from BD/LDAP and not even user has to be created in BO because also that one will be catched from BD/LDAP?

Thanks.

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, that's partially right. In my current implementation, We have used BW as the source for BO.

Under CMC, set Authentication type as SAP BW. You may have to still create few custom roles in BO to manage access level for folder levels. Its within these folders you would be having your BO reports.. These custom roles in BO can be mapped to BW roles in CMC. Hence when a user is assigned a BW role in BW system, they will automatically get the mapped roles in BO system.

Hope I made myself clear. More info on the connector can be found in this thread.

Cheers,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perfect, thanks a lot.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lambert-giese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gerhard, resurrecting your old question to point out that there's a connector for IDM 7.2+ and BO 4.2 now. Check

Best regards, Lambert