SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Entry Budget Exceeded after Updating FMDERIVE

analistia16
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My client just recently updated their FMDERIVE mapping between Cost Center and Fund Center without realizing that one of the updated mapping still has outstanding Service Purchase Order attached to it.

When the procurement user wanted to perform Service Entry, he encountered error saying Annual Budget is Exceeded. Later when I checked, available budget amount in the new Fund Center is less than the Service Entry amount.

Since Service Entry equals to Goods Receipt, it should not triggering FM Availability Budget Check but here is what have happened:

Previously I have performed testing but I was using Material Purchase Order. The test went smooth, no budget checking was triggered during GR and the rest of the PO commitment was automatically transferred to the new Fund Center based on the new derivation rules.

From the recent error, I found out that the system did not transferred the rest of PO commitment from the service purchase order to the new Fund Center, hence it was treating the service entry as invoices/ actual posting without any linkage to PO document. The PO commitment was "stuck" at the old Fund Center.

Can somebody suggest me what to do besides adding up the budget? Is this FM standard behavior that it is treating Material PO and Service PO differently?

Appreciate your responses,

Regards,

Analistia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In standard SAP scenarios, GR, IR and SES do not use FMDERIVE. FM account assingment is inherited from PO's. If your SES is trying to re-derive FM account assignment, please check table FM01X to see whether entry FLG_SES_OVERWRITE exists and is marked as active. In a standard scenario, this entry does not exist.

Regards,

Ming

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In standard SAP scenarios, GR, IR and SES do not use FMDERIVE. FM account assingment is inherited from PO's. If your SES is trying to re-derive FM account assignment, please check table FM01X to see whether entry FLG_SES_OVERWRITE exists and is marked as active. In a standard scenario, this entry does not exist.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hi Ming,

Thank you for your prompt response,

However, I have tried to check table FM01X but the table appears to be empty. Please advise

Referring to your statement, based on my testing condition that remaining commitment from material PO was automatically transferred to the new Fund Center after GR, it seems that FMDERIVE was triggered during GR/IR but not on SES. Is there any configuration to overwrite this behavior?

Additionally, I have tried to execute t-code FMN4N to reconcile purchase order documents in FM. After executing, the commitment was correctly updated to the new Fund Center. But, strange things happened was after I performed SES, the commitment went back again to the original Fund Center.

Kindly help to advise,

Regards,

Analistia

0 Kudos

Hi Ming,

I have checked SAP note 1146677 and figured the way to create entry into table FM01X.

It is working fine now, rest of commitment from service purchase order is now transferred to the new fund center from the new FMDERIVE after creating entry for "FLG_SES_OVERWRITE" in table FM01X.

Thank you so much for your help!

Regards,

Analistia