cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to retrieve URL in target FPM when performing Suspend and Resume

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am calling an FPM application from another FPM application.

I created a launchpad for target application and activated suspend/resume setting.

I call target FPM by using IF_FPM_NAVIGATION->NAVIGATE( ) method

In the target FPM there is no entry for the URL (i.e.: 'sap-wd-resumeurl' ) in internal table   wdr_task=>client_window->parameters of method

CALL METHOD cl_wd_runtime_services=>get_url_parameter.

I am running the application from NWBC.

Not sure why the is no entry for 'sap-wd-resumeurl' ???

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are many OSS notes that address NWBC and Suspend/Resume. Check if these are applicable in your case: 1620576, 1746597, and 1744089. There are others but I thought these made most sense.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hey Raynald,

thank your for your answer again.

In the source application i'm passing the parameter table "it_application_parameter" with the key/value pair SAP-WD-RESUME-URL/generated resume url, if this is what you mean?

In the launchpad Suspend/Resume is acivated.

I also checked calling the FPM application as Web Dynpro application instead of OBN, but i still cannot see the parameter SAP-WD-RESUMEURL in the target application.

Is it probably because the parameter SAP-WD-RESUMEURL is not specified as application parameter in the target application?

Why do you need the resume url in the target application? For back navigation? Because i need it to navigate back to the source application (which is running in the same window).

Thanks and regards

Martin

arno2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Have you tried putting it in a parameter named something other than SAP-WD-RESUMEURL and then passing this new name to the resume_url_id parameter of your plug?

0 Kudos

Hi Arno,

the navigation is done through OBN without using plugs.

Thanks,

Martin

0 Kudos

Hi Raynald,

i have the same problem and i tried to use your solution, but i still cannot see the resume url in the target fpm application. The navigation is implemented between two fpm application through OBN and i just see the parameters of the target fpm application.

Where do you retrieve the resume url in the target application?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin,

I manually pass the resume URL as a parameter of method  lr_navigation->navigate.

example:

ls_appl_parms-key   = 'SAP-WD-RESUMEURL'.
      ls_appl_parms-value = wdr_task=>client_window->client->create_application_url( url_type = 'ABSOLUTE' use_contextid = abap_true ).
      APPEND ls_appl_parms TO lt_appl_parms.

In the target FPM there should now be an entry for the URL (i.e.: 'sap-wd-resumeurl' ) in internal table   wdr_task=>client_window->parameters of method

CALL METHOD cl_wd_runtime_services=>get_url_parameter.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hey Raynald,

thank your for your answer.

I do pass the resume URL as parameter of the method lr_navigation->navigate like you describe in your post.

I can see the application parameter in my source FPM application, but not in the table

wdr_task=>client_window->parameters when I'm debbugging the target FPM application.

Your FPM applications are running in which environment? Mine are running in the NWBC HTML.

Thanks and regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin,

I did a prototype using NWBC HTML.

In the source application did you specify Name/value pair in parameter table?

i.e.: SAP-WD-RESUMEURL = URL

In launchpad did you turn on Suspend/Resume switch ?

I don't recall if I used OBN or Webdynpro launchpad. Try it by using Webdynpro application in launchpad.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was able to get it to work by getting the ABSOLUTE URL and passing it as a parameter:

ls_appl_parms-key   = 'SAP-WD-RESUMEURL'.
      ls_appl_parms-value = wdr_task=>client_window->client->create_application_url( url_type = 'ABSOLUTE' use_contextid = abap_true ).
      APPEND ls_appl_parms TO lt_appl_parms.
      lr_navigation->navigate( iv_target_key             = lv_target_key
                               it_business_parameters    = lt_appl_parms  ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

see sap note 1610866. Probably this would help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It appears that if using NWBC, when suspending an FPM application the URL is not passed to the target FPM application, instead the NWBC context is passed.

Not sure how to resume without the URL.

Is Suspend/Resume possible when using NWBC?

Thanks