cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consequences to activate Integrated Planning in existing Project profiles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To integrate Project planning with CO, customer asked me to activate "Integrated planning" at Project profile level. Now the problem is we have been using these existing project profile form long period of time and lot of projects are still open.

What will be the consequences if I activate this Integrated Planning at Existing project profile level. Will have any adverse impact on existing project? Please give your valuable opinion at the earliest.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi NagaRaju,

As the F1 help for "Integrated Planning" mentioned, It is not suggested to change this indicator. Because this created mess in Planning related tables.

I have a suggestion to set this indicator only for new projects which are of the same project profile and do not affect the old projects.

1. Do not tick the Integrated Planning indicator in the Project profile.

2. Create a substitution step at Project definition level (Tcode: OPSN) for the field PROJ-PLINT.

3. Set Pre requisite as PROJ-OBJNR+0(2) cs "TM". That means this substitution is active only for new projects.

4. Set the indicator for the field PROJ-PLINT.

when you save the new project new project substituion will set flag to the field "Integrated Planning".

This will solve you problem without effecting open projects.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

First check if you are able to save the project with 'integrated planning' indicator for the running projects.

I think No. But even if you are able to do it. I suggest no, as there are already postings done which are not transferred as integrated data and now you want to start in between.

I would suggest not to activate for old projects.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mahendra,

Thanks for your reply, Actually I am activating Integrated Planning indicator at Project Profile level, that means activating existing Project profiles. There are lot of projects are created with existing project profiles.

Now my question is, what will be impact to existing projects if I activate Integrated Planning indicator. Will have any impact in existing projects, if so then please do let me know the impact details.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Raj