cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item partners getting activated by accidental manual entry

0 Kudos

Gurus,

When a user makes any manual changes on partner function line item for Ship-To party (Which is set as mandatory field in config)

Item Data-> Partners -- the indicator 'Partner valid at item level' (SD_PARTNER_POSFLAG) is activated automatically

This item is greyed out once it is saved and user cannot make any changes to it.Can some one help as how we can undo such a change if the user accidentally makes a change.

What I have been doing so far is that since such changes are rare I have been moving transport removing the ship-to party as mandatory and the user making the change by deleting the entry and then moving another transport which reverts the changes made to config.

Please help.

Thanks

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Partner determination procedure for your sales order header/Item there is a indicator called "NOT MODIFIABLE" . Please check that field and it will not allow user to make modification to that field

Explore the field in transaction code VOPAN

let me know if your issue still persists

regards,

santosh

0 Kudos

When the user makes any changes in line item and saves it just greys out the line item and no change is possible in future.I am just wondering why SAP will allow manual changes just once.

You answer did help thanks!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

praveen,

What I have been doing so far is that since such changes are rare I have been moving transport removing the ship-to party as mandatory and the user making the change by deleting the entry and then moving another transport which reverts the changes made to config.

This is an interesting way!

Not recommended and having risks!

Does the client not object to this practice?

Thanks for sharing!