cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.tpz files import from client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when i wanted to import only specific namespace and its objects to my QA environmnet using file transport from client, why does it take all name space defination? i did select only namespace i need and objects under it;

but when i see the imported objects in QA; it has all names space defination, which i dont need (though the objects are not there) but defination is there.

is there any way i can take those off?

or only option is to delete namespace at the development? and re-import it?

Thanks.

Prema

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prema,

While exporting objects select individial objects then export .tpz file and import it.

Thank you,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raj,

is there a way to export a namespace and all objects under it? i did select "all objects of individual namesapce" and selected perticular namespace; but it does export all other name spaces too.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Prema,

plz try Tools-->export design objects

in select objects select

all objects of a individual namespace..it wil help u

best regards

Siva

0 Kudos

Hello Prema,

Try to export only the  namespaces that you need:

Click menu context on the namespace(in DEV)/Export/All Objects of individual namespaces (select the namespace)

Generate the .tpz file and import in QA.

Best Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prema,

Uncheck " with Namespace Definition " option while exporting the namespace in dev.

Thanks,

satish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks satish,

i did try with unchecking "with Namespace Definition" but that did not help.

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prema,

Do you have any objects under the namespace which you did not want to transport?

if you don't have anything then you delete and transport as you mentioned. you can use this work around for time being.

as mentioned by  satish kumar you can use that method to avoid such a scenario in future.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prema

Have you imported the objects with option 'Individual Objects' or 'All objects of a SWCV'. While exprting objects, there are some options in object set. Make sure you select the appropriate category as per your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Adarsh,

no i have not selected option  'All objects of a SWCV'  but i did select "all objects of individual namesapce"

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prema,

Instead of having all objects of individual namespace can you try with 'Individual Objects' only.