cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrated ITS and UWL (many sessions per user)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sirs,

I have a challenge when using the integrated ITS in connection with the UWL. I use the UWL to approve invoices from a workflow. When a user clicks an invoice a new window showing the invoice using t-code FV60 is displayed. The user then closes the window with X in top right corner.

The challenge is that for every invoice looked at, a new ITS session is created. I.E if a user looks at/approves 10 invoices the user will have 10 ITS session, with an average usage of 2,4MB per session. In other words, one user will consume 24MB, with eats up our em_global quite fast :=).

If the user does a proper logoff, the sessions are releases, however end users are quite good at just closing the window.

The problem described is not unique, and there exists some notes on the problem ( Note 1029194 - Portal - Integrated ITS - Session Management), however I wanted to check how other peope are tackling the issue?

One solution I see, is to create some sort of javascript/popup, which is triggered by approval of the invoice. After a user approves, a popup is displayed stating; The invoice was approved. And with a close button. When the close button is pressed, a proper logout is performed.

Does anyone have any input on how to solve this issue?

Best regards,

Jørgen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to add a few details here.

I have tried to set the ~disconnection 1 in the webgui service, without much result. There must be other people troubled with this issue.

We are running ECC5.0 backend on SP15 patch.

regards,

Jørgen