cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Set Shipment Status after Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

We have a requirement that, when we complete the billing process (VF04) then the status of the shipment must automatically be set to Shipment Completion, at the moment we have to manually go into the shipment (VT02N) and set the status to Shipment Completion.

I am looking at VT07 and VT04 but if someone could shed extra light it would be highly appreciated.

We are using DSD - Paper Scenario

Cheers,

Fats

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member211526
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Few thoughts -

1. The field Shipment Completion is not a status field in SAP like the ones that appear in VBUK. This field is updated with Date and time stamp.

2. Will there be one invoice for that whole shipment all the time ? This should be true to implement your logic.

One solution:

1. You will have to use a userexit during Invoicing at the time of save or after save. This userexit should find the shipment number for the invoice which is being posted. From VBFA by using XVBRP -VGBEL (delivery) (or) YVBRP-VGBEL (I dont know exactly whether is x or y) you can get the shipment number.

2. Update the shipment (VTTK-DTABF and VTTK-UZABF) fields with date and time stamp (based on requirements).

I am sure there can be multiple solutions. Good Luck !

Regards.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated

Re RV56OSSM – unfortunately not what I am looking for but thanks!

Ron and Moazzam – We do multiple invoices per shipment (FMCG Company) so I have to find a way so that our Abapers can pick up if all invoices were processed successfully (maybe the log screen) and if yes then mark the shipment as being complete. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!...I have enough to info to start researching and then off to spec doc

Cheers,

Fats

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Fats

Please update the status and your findings after your research. It will be helpful for others.

Thank$

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fats

Ron Barry is right. He is taking you to right way. You have to check that whether there is one shipment document for every invoice and for changing shipment document status you can use RV60AFZZ program and try with BAPI_SHIPMENT_CHANGE to change status. You have to take help of your ABAPER.

Also check this link.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/96671

Thank$

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the report RV56OSSM for automatic status change

regards,

santosh