cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Note -Rebate agreements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

I have got a querry from my Client saying the below ,i have analysed but could not figure it out .need your help .

A correction credit was created for Agreement XYZ.

When the Agreement was settled on 5/8 (date) two credit memos created - One for 0 value and another for x value which was the correct amount to be credited.

In the batch run that night, invoices were created for both credit memos, one for A and oner for B (Zero value) . An accounting document can't be created for B which means it doesn't show up in the rebate reciever`s account, which is good, but they want to know why the correction credit memo created at all (for Zero value ).

In brief it is creating two credit note one for Zero and one for correct value , why it is happening ....

Regards ,

Bala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Bala,

By correction credit, do you mean you had done manual accrual in the rebate agreement?

If yes, then system does create a credit memo request for manual accrual. This is done to update the accrual account accordingly. The invoice value is zero but if you see the item conditions, you would see that there would be a condition value equivalent to the correction amount entered.

This amount is used to update the accrual account. It does not post to the rebate receiver's account.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar ,

Thanks a lot for the information .

Like you said it is manual accrual in the rebate agreement .

I was comparing the two credit notes i.e Zero and valued one , but i could not find the value x on the item conditions of Zero valued credit note (For ex-If credit note is 7000 will it show 7000 in the Zero valued cr note )

.can u just tell me how to see on this...

Regards ,

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

The zero valued one should be for your manual accrual.

Do you see any condition type in the item conditions for this credit note ?

The condition type should have the condition value which must be same as what was entered in the manual accrual screen.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar ,

Thanks for the essential and requiered answer

you are right , when i compare the two Items which are similar (for Ex-Item 10 they are looking similar ) . so ,can i conclude that if we are going for manual rebate Correction there will be two credit note will be generated one is for Zero value and another for X value .

Is there any way or settings so that we can avoid the above problem .what we should do to avoid the problem of the above .

Regards ,

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Manual rebate correction will create only one credit note which is to update the accrual account.

The other credit note was created by the settlement which was carried out.

Manual rebate correction should not have created two credit note. You can confirm that by just doing manual accrual. It will create one rebate credit memo request.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar ,

Thanks for the explaination

You mean to say as sson as you go for manual correction in the rebate ,a credit note will generated for zero value and one for settlement (I mean B1 and B2 ) .is this correct .

So ,when we create the manual rebate correction A sales document with sales order type B1 grants a payment to the rebate recipient and reverses the accruals and sales order type B2 results without a value .

Are you saying the similar case .

Regards ,

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

What I mean is that,

1. When you do manual accrual(by selecting the Accrue button in the rebate maintenance VBO2), system will only create a zero valued B4 credit memo request (Reb.Req.f.Man.Accrls). This will update the accrual account based on the accrual amount entered at the time of manual accrual. If positive amount is entered, it will reverse accrual. If negative amount is entered, it will build accruals.

2. When you do the settlement (by selecting the execute settlement button in rebate maintenance VBO2), system will create a valued B1 credit memo request (Reb.Credit Memo Req.). This credit memo is used to grant payment to the rebate recipient. It will also reverse the accruals since you are doing the final settlement.

You may also refer to the help on the rebate processing for manual accruals and final settlement in the link below.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/dd/561270545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

Regards,

Please award points if you have found inputs helpful,

Thanks,