cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file format "lost" when attaching documents through Store Business Documents in GOS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have activated the GOS functionality for Sales documents among others and also the Store Business Documents by creating a new Document types in OAC2 (one for pdf, one for msg, one for zip and one for others (*))

Then I used the "Document Type Customizing wizard" (OAD5) to take care of the linkage and also the setup for OAC3 and linking the object type and document types to the correct content repository and table.

The storage part works fine and the documents ends up in the content server (3rd party) as they should.

However when I try to view the documents through the Attachment list the attached documents are there and for pdf files it's working as it should and the documents opens up in the web browser.

The issue comes when I try to open another document than a pdf files, then what I get is the the web browser asks me how to open the file and the file is named SAPRequest without any file ending. If I save the file and renames it and add the correct file ending then it will open up just as it should.

I also noticed when looking att the attachment directly on the content server that the file type/format is missing and instead it just has the type .unk (I guess this stands for unknown) So it seems that the file type is not being send to the content server and it feels like I have looked everywhere for a configuration for this, so I if anyone has any idea on what configuration I'm missing, please let me know.

Additionally I can add that the mime types seems to be there and the web browser is have the correct application associated with the file types.

Br,

Jonas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonas,

As per my understanding following file formats are not support msg, zip *.* in DMS.System will allow to upload as during this process it does not check the attached type ( whether its pdf or its zip etc). It only checks whether relevant configuration is maintained in the customizing.

Problem comes when you try to retrieve the same. During retrieval it looks into the attachment type and checks whether it is support within SAP format or not. If not, then it leads to the issue faced by you.

I had a similar problem while using *.* file format. I had raised an OSS to SAP and SAP said such format is not supported.

In your case I shall ask you check with OSS Support.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well SAP actually have a mime type for msg files so it works and I actually found the issue myself. So in case there's ony one else that had the same issue this is what caused tha issue for us.

First of all when using the document class * you should ensure that you have deactivated the option "Always Copy Document Class from Document Type" in OAG1. Deactivating this will allow your document to go through to the content server with the original file format when using the * in OAC2

Then also ensure that you have maintained the correct communication type for the document classes. This you can find in the sap note "1840170 - Store ArchiveLink Business Document with Document Class MSG (Outlook, email, etc.)"

Another issue that we faced was with office 2007 file types, these came back as .zip files and the reason for this was just that the MIM-Type for the new formats was missing. Adding them to the table TOAAD fixed this issue. This is also mentioned in note "1739026 - MIME-Type problems in ArchiveLink"

Hope this solution will help some one else that are facing the same issues.

Br,

Jonas

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jonas for sharing the solution

subhadeep_das
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonas,

I am sharing my config details, can you tell me where exactly I am wrong that I am unable to download the file in correct format ?

Neither I see any problem in uploading nor in downloading, but after downloading when I try to open the file it says invalid format.

best regds

Subha

Answers (0)