Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynpro in Iphone

former_member185978
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have developed one WebDynpro ABAP with 5 Buttons in VIEW 1 to create Order / Change Order .. and so on.

Users want to run this in Smartphones? Please let me know the possibilities of Implementing Webdynpro ABAP in Mobiles.

Thanks for your help.

With Regards,

Bala M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

You can run the WD application on iPhone and iPad. I have run it.

There is one problem with the drop-down. Its not working. Other than this buttons and text input fields work correctly.

The view will be desktop view so you would have to zoom to work on it.

-Manish

former_member185978
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish Kumar,

Thanks for your reply. I dont have drop down Button, But I have free text field and F4 Functionality for few feilds and then once the user clicks on Create Button it should Create Notification.
WIll this work?

This is working fine in System ( Laptops and desktops ). Not sure how this works in IPHONEs.

Let me check and will get back to you.

With Regards,

Bala M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

The F4 functionality might work as there is a button for input help in WD and popup for selection. I have never tried the F4 but you can give it a shot.

- Manish

former_member185978
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish ,

Users are not satisfied with the Fittness of this screen and its font in IPHONE. All UI elements are working as expected, They need this application to be fit to IPHONE for easy usage.

Do you guide me whether I can achive this thro SAP NETWEAVER. Anyhow I am new to SAP NETWEAVER and can I learn and do as they required.

If SAP NETWEAVER works for this, Please send me anydocuments related to this if you have.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Another option is that you need to get SAP Mobile Infrastructure. Which will enable you to create iOS apps linked to your company ERP.

You will need to get an iOS developer also for this.

-Manish

former_member185978
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Manish,

We are going with IOS development.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Thats great.

- Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish,

Please suggest if we have a work around for the drop down functionality for Web DYnpro Java apps on Ipad. Is it feasable?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meghana,

As of now, no alternative for drop-down. Try not to use it, thats all I can suggest.

-Manish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

frank_stdle
Participant
0 Kudos

Web Dynpro is not intended or recommended for use on mobile applications. You should instead use the mobile components of the UI5 framework for mobile SAP applications. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

WDA works on iOS (except few UI elemenrs) also F4 help can work, but will not be as good as a native app which is normal, it is more to be considered like a web page.

Kr,

Tamas