Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BW7.3 With HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I need some suggestion in SAP BW7.3 with HANA

1. After migration of SAP BW7.3 from (Oracle , DB2...) to HANA database  , the cubes structure will it change, because HANA data base  table design is both Column  and Row based design , but Standard cubes tables have only Row level store

2.Could please guide the How we have to migrate the BW Standard cubes to HANA Cubes.

Regards,

kavitha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kavitha:

In addition to above comments:

I need some suggestion in SAP BW7.3 with HANA

1. After migration of SAP BW7.3 from (Oracle , DB2...) to HANA database  , the cubes structure will it change, because HANA data base  table design is both Column  and Row based design , but Standard cubes tables have only Row level store - No cube structures will not change from a developer stand point - the migration is transparent to developer

2.Could please guide the How we have to migrate the BW Standard cubes to HANA Cubes - use RSMIGRHANADB

Hope this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha,

Refer the below link, hope it answers your questions.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/14/268a8602b241d0b6df1e6f3028c702/content.htm

ShashiGarimella
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha,

I know its late.However, just incase you did not recieve an answer, you may want to read the following comments.

1. The cube structure would remain unchanged at all times. Column and Row stores are something that is managed by the DB at memory allocations in physical hardware. The structure of cube therefore has nothing to do with Column or Row storages.

2. You may use two approaches based on whether you want to convert a single cube to HANA Optimized cube or multiple cubes at one shot.

a) Single Cube

1) Go to maintenance of this cube by going to Display mode of the InfoCube

2) From Goto menu, choose "Conversion to SAP HANA Optimized"

b) Multiple Cubes at single shot

1) Use TCODE : RSMIGRHANADB

2) Enter the multiple infocubes that are to be converted.

Kindly change the status of this thread as it is still marked "Unanswered"

Regards,

Shashidhar