Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria 7SP2- IPAD Enrollment Code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am new to the Afaria

Step 1: Created the new policy and Google URL shortner is enabled and generating the enrollment code.

Step 2: I have installed latest version of  Afaria Client (6.60.6.175). I gave generated code in IPAD device.

I have checked the enrollment ,package server configured successfully.

The device i am not able to deduct in Afaria Admin page. I am getting Failed in Enrollment Server and Package Serever in IPad

Please any one suggest , if anything is missing.

Regards

Stalin Babu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not able to connect the device while enrolling the enrollment code in the Afaraia Server. 

Steps I followed to enroll the device,

1. Server—Configuration –Enrollment Code = There are two services to generate the enrollment code; we are using Google URL to enable the service.
2. Created the new policy and generate the code through Google URL services.
3. Enrollment Setting  --General –A default setting is there, I am not changing any settings here.
4. Group > List 

Here I created the new Group User and assigned this user to which I have created for new policy.

There is any configuration, i need to do in the IPad device also.

Enrollment and Package Server register in Sybase Afaria 7.

Error:
The IPhone/IPod device is not recognized in the Afaria Admin server.
Device Info message:
Failed request in Enrollment server

any body can help on this.

Regards

Stalin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to test the CA server Server > Configuration > Certificate Authority

I am getting the Failed the server enteries in Afaria Server and  I am getting the below windows log,

Could not retrieve the hash from http://<ServerMachineName>:80/ias_relay_server/client/rs_client.dll/afaria-IS/PermittedDevices-Hash.txt: System.Net.WebException - The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

XSISAPIHTTPSClient

any body can help on this..

XSISAPI -- C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\XSISAPI

I am getting the below log of MS-Exchange 365 in

13-06-11 16:37 ERROR: Could not load the Exchange PowerShell snap-in

13-06-11 16:37 Found domain: cts.com

13-06-11 16:37 Starting Service

13-06-11 16:37 Setting update interval to 15 minutes

13-06-11 16:37 Checking for new permitted device list

13-06-11 16:37 ERROR: Could not retrieve the hash from http://<ServerMachineName>:80/ias_relay_server/client/rs_client.dll/afaria-IS/PermittedDevices-Hash....: System.Net.WebException - The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Regards

Stalin Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you give some more information about your Afaria setup?

And maybe give the complete error message that you receive on your device.

For iOS devices you'll need a Certificate Authority server.

Can you download Apple Iphone Configuration utility Tool and have a look at the console while you are enrolling, this way you will see a bit more what's happening under the hood (which urls are being called etc...)

Kind regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

Afaria 7 it is topup we have put SP2.

While trying to connect the IPAD generated enrollment code.I am getting the info page Enrollment and Pacakge server failed.

IPAD -appstore updated the newer version

Afaria 7 there is any IOS version probleam is there?

Regards

Stalin Babu

Regards

Stalin Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stalin,

On the iPAD on which step do you receive the error? Are you able to start installing a certificate. Or do you receive an error before (Enrollment Code incomplete or something like that?)

What happens when you perfom a connection test on the CA? Do you receive a success message or failed.

You should also fill in the following: Server-->Configuration-->Component-->Enrollment Server (and package server).

And for ios specific also IOS Notification.

See: http://frontline.sybase.com/support/resolutionDetails.aspx?KBID=7779

Kind Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

I am not getting any problem with enrollment code in TinyURL or Google services.

In IPAD device after I am giving the generated enrollment code in Afaria Client. I am getting the error in failed request in Enrollment Server and Package Server. Sometimes I am getting the Enrollment Code incomplete error message also. I am using Google URL shortner service.

I am not using Relay Server and directly I am using Enrollment Server which I have configured in Afaria Admin for connecting IPAD device.

IPAD Device

Configuration Management:

Server Address: Which I have configured in Enrollment Server

Port No: which we are connecting to Communication --- Device Communication HTTP port no

Anything I need to do configuration in IPAD - Device Management apart from Server Address and Port No? 

In IPAD or Iphone device I am able to configure the Enrollment server and It is not allowing me to configure the Package server.

What happens when you perform a connection test on the CA? Do you receive a success message or failed – Which place I need to test this one?

Already I have configured the Enrollment Server and Package Server successfully in Afaria Server.

Regards

Stalin Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

Added Above question.

I have tried to give enrollment code which it is generating in Afaria Server for iPAD

I am getting the below Server Log,

ONS1043: Notifying UDID: <udid value>- Fail-Unable to determine iOS Client notification method

Anything I am missing in the configuration ? where i need to find the test for CA?

Please help to proceed further

Regards

Stalin Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stalin,

Is your device successfully enrolled now or not?

For the notification error:

Go to Server-->configuration-->component-->iOS Notification

and add your apns certificate.

See procedure:

http://frontline.sybase.com/support/resolutionDetails.aspx?KBID=7779

kind regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

Device i am not able to connect..

Now i struck up with new probleam Afaria server service is not started. I am getting the below server log,

can i get help on the below issue,

ASS0051: ServerService.StartServer: Starting transmitter through transmitter object. An instance of the service is already running.

HR=80070420

Regards

Stalin Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robin,

While enrolling the device. I am getting the below error in the IPhone,

Error :

iPhone: Invalid POST request encountered.

anything i need to do specific to device.

Regards

Stalin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your service account permission. this error lockks like ,

windows not able to start the service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

All services are working fine

I need small clarification for IOS enrollment to IPad/IPhone device,

Step 1: I am able to enable Google Shortning Service

Step 2: I am able to generate the Enrollment code

Step 3 : Installed the Afaria Client in IPad/ IPhone and I am not able to registering the device in Afaria Server.

Step 4:  Directly connecting Enrollment server thorugh WIFI setting to connecting the device

I am getting failed request of Enrollment Server in device.

Device communication enabled the defualt HTTP port no 80 and I need to enable the same port no in IIS setting also. If pls where i need to enable?

In Afaria Server -- Still, I  have not installed the certificate of MDM . Is it due to that the  i am not able to register the device in Afaria Server.

Pls if anybody know more information Certificate Authority Server.

Regards

Stalin Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

You able to enroll android device ?

If not check your IIS role & Handler Mappings properly .

If you not create inventory Channel create it .

Check  Client Communications once

Select Administrators.

Hover over Server configuration and then select Properties.

On the left, under Communications select Client Communication

cross verify Provisioning Server once.

Generate New enrollment code and try once .

Select Home > Client Deployment from the menu bar:

Select New > Enrollment Policy > Android Or IOS:

Give the policy and name and description and then select Add on the lower part of the dialog box

Leave options as default for TinyURL and select Generate:

Select the Groups tab and move the Android Client group created earlier from the Available client groups to Selected client groups:

Select Save option and the dialog box can then be closed:

You should now see your 8 character alphanumeric enrollment code listed

before trying to enrollment , restart IIS and afaria , and Iphone server, .. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prabir das,

If i use the relay server, i need to configure the IIS role & Handler Mapping or Even I need to use the

Enrollment  or Provisioning server  also i need configure IIS role & Handler Mapping .

can i get the more detail on creation of Inventory Channel.

Regards

Stalin Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Created the new policy and Google URL shortner is enabled and generating the enrollment code.

I have installed latest version of  Afaria Client (6.60.6.175). I gave generated code in IPhone device.

I am getting the below logs while running the enrollment code in the IPPhone device, The log i am able to see the reading the Enrollement code.

Apr 26 12:56:16 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [AfariaAppDelegate.applicationWillEnterForeground]

Apr 26 12:56:16 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [AfariaAppDelegate.updateAppTimeBomb - clientdisabled_preference 0]

Apr 26 12:56:16 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [AfariaAppDelegate.applicationWillEnterForeground

JailbreakDetected: 0]

Apr 26 12:56:16 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [AfariaAppDelegate.applicationWillEnterForeground - resetenrollment_preference YES]

Apr 26 12:56:16 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [AipsController doConnect:]

Apr 26 12:56:16 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [AfariaAppDelegate.isClientDisabled 0]

Apr 26 12:56:16 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [AfariaAppDelegate.isClientDisabled 0]

Apr 26 12:56:16 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [AipsController.doConnect - resetenrollment_preference YES]

Apr 26 12:56:16 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [KeychainWrapper init]

Apr 26 12:56:16 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [AipsController.doConnect - reset resetenrollment_preference now]

Apr 26 12:56:16 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: Activation activationcode_preference:

Apr 26 12:56:16 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: Code enrollmentcode_preference: gF6Fao

Apr 26 12:56:16 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [AfariaAppDelegate applicationDidBecomeActive:]

Apr 26 12:56:16 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: Reachability Flag Status: -R -----l- networkStatusForFlags

Apr 26 12:56:16 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [KeychainWrapper init]

Apr 26 12:56:16 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: resetCredentials

Apr 26 12:56:16 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [KeychainWrapper saveCredentialsUsername:password:domain:]

Apr 26 12:56:16 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [KeychainWrapper saveCredentialsUsername:password:domain:creationDate:]

Apr 26 12:56:16 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [KeychainWrapper resetKeychainItem][A]

Apr 26 12:56:16 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [KeychainWrapper resetKeychainItem][C]

Apr 26 12:56:16 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [KeychainWrapper resetKeychainItem][C2]: errDelete = -50

Apr 26 12:56:16 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [KeychainWrapper resetKeychainItem][D]

Apr 26 12:56:16 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [KeychainWrapper resetKeychainItem][E]

Apr 26 12:56:16 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [KeychainWrapper resetKeychainItem][F]

Apr 26 12:56:16 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [KeychainWrapper resetKeychainItem][G]

Apr 26 12:56:16 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [KeychainWrapper resetKeychainItem][Z]

Apr 26 12:56:16 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [KeychainWrapper writeToKeychain][A]

Apr 26 12:56:16 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [KeychainWrapper writeToKeychain][B]

Apr 26 12:56:16 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [KeychainWrapper writeToKeychain][Z] = 0

Apr 26 12:56:16 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [AipsController doConnect:]

Apr 26 12:56:16 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [KeychainWrapper dealloc]

Apr 26 12:56:16 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [KeychainWrapper dealloc]

Apr 26 12:56:23 unknown timed[249] <Notice>: (Note ) CoreTime: Not setting system time to 04/26/2013 07:26:23 from GPS because time is unchanged

Apr 26 12:56:23 unknown timed[249] <Notice>: (Note ) CoreTime: Not setting time zone to Asia/Kolkata from Location

Apr 26 12:56:36 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [AipsController enrollmentCodeDidFinishWith:]

Apr 26 12:56:36 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [AipsController enrollmentCodeDidParse:]

Apr 26 12:56:36 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: shortenrollmenturl_preference: https://goo.gl/F6Fao

Apr 26 12:56:36 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [AipsController doEnrollmentSeedDownload]

Apr 26 12:56:36 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [AfariaAppDelegate netUser:0x80 busy:1]

Apr 26 12:56:36 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [AfariaAppDelegate canAuthenticateAgainstProtectionSpace] NSURLAuthenticationMethodServerTrust

Apr 26 12:56:36 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [EnrollmentCodeSeedDataDownloader connection:didReceiveAuthenticationChallenge] NSURLAuthenticationMethodServerTrust 0

Apr 26 12:56:36 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [AfariaAppDelegate connection:didReceiveAuthenticationChallenge] NSURLAuthenticationMethodServerTrust 0

Apr 26 12:56:36 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: _serverTrustResolvedWithSuccess, success = 0

Apr 26 12:56:36 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: resolve NSURLAuthenticationMethodServerTrust -> (null)

Apr 26 12:56:36 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [AfariaAppDelegate netUser:0x80 busy:0]

Apr 26 12:56:36 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [EnrollmentCodeSeedDataDownloader connection:didFailWithError: Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1012 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1012.)" UserInfo=0x210c70 {NSErrorFailingURLKey=https://goo.gl/F6Fao, NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=https://goo.gl/F6Fao}]

Apr 26 12:56:36 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [AipsController enrollmentCodeSeedDidLoadWith:]

Apr 26 12:56:36 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: AipsController enrollmentCodeSeedDataDidLoadWith: nil and http:(null)

Apr 26 12:56:36 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: enrollmentFinishedWithFailure, errorType: 3

Apr 26 12:56:36 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: doClickCancel

Apr 26 12:56:36 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [AipsController enrollmentCodeDidFinishWith:]

Apr 26 12:56:36 unknown UIKitApplication:com.sybase.afariaclient[0x49ea][172] <Notice>: identities:

Apr 26 12:56:36 unknown UIKitApplication:com.sybase.afariaclient[0x49ea][172] <Notice>: certificates:

Apr 26 12:56:36 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [HomeViewController viewWillAppear]

Apr 26 12:56:36 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [HomeViewController willRotateToInterfaceOrientation:1 duration:]

Apr 26 12:56:36 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [HomeViewController didRotateFromInterfaceOrientation:1]

Apr 26 12:56:36 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: Cert for host goo.gl not trusted

Apr 26 12:56:36 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [AfariaAppDelegate netUser:0x80 busy:0]

Apr 26 12:56:37 unknown Afaria[172] <Warning>: [InfoViewController viewDidAppear]

seeking the help...

Regards

Stalin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure your firewall rules are set up correctly? That you can connect from your device to your Afaria server and so on...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The  firewall rules setup correctly.
Not able to connect the device while enrolling the enrollment code in the Afaraia Server. 

Steps I followed to enroll the device,

1. Server—Configuration –Enrollment Code = There are two services to generate the enrollment code; we are using Google URL to enable the service.
2. Created the new policy and generate the code through Google URL services.
3. Enrollment Setting  --General –A default setting is there, I am not changing any settings here.
4. Group > List 

Here I created the new Group User and assigned this user to which I have created for new policy.

There is any configuration, i need to do in the IPad device also.

Regards

Stalin Babu