cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages Getting Stuck at "Holding"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just recently (i.e. since our SAP year end) occasional messages for a particular scenario are getting stuck at a status of "Holding". Below is an example of one:

Another occurrence of the same message type later in the day does not get stuck i.e.:

There are no errors and no queues in SMQ2.

Can anyone out their advise why messages may from time get stuck at "Holding" ?

Cheers,

PaulC.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

this messages are hanging in Java stack. What to do if a eoio message fails at Adapter leverl and blocks the corresponding queue? Read Stephan blog: How to deal with stuck EOIO messages in the XI 3.0 Adapter Framework

/Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Udo,

Thanks for that. Had a look at Stefan's blog and I have one query.

When I choose to 'Configure Table Columns' I see:

i.e. I don't see either Conversation ID or Sequential Number.

Now I am sure there is a way to get these columns to appear in the list. I just can't remember how. Any ideas ?

Cheers,

PaulC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

In the message monitoring, select Adapter Engine and open Configure Item Table ,then you will be able to see the Conversation ID in the configure Table Columns.

Regards,

SHRI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shri.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

which type of this CC is?

it depend on the type of CC also

some time there might be network issue or other type of issue related to concurrency and lock related issue  to database also.

Regards

gagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Adapter concerned is an RFC channel. Not had a problem since a system reboot overnight so we are hoping this might have cleared the issues. I will get back to this thread if the problem remains.

PaulC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message has been approved by mods and then appeared almost at the bottom of page one

Adding this reply to give it a chance of being read!

MODS: Can you make sure new threads get a chance of being at the top of the first page!