cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding direct material procurement in Classic scenario.

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SRM Gurus ,

We are implementing SRM5.0 classic scenario, (SSP with CCM).

As per standard , Shopping cart for a direct material (Requisition for

stock) will create a follow-on document in SRM only (controlled extended

classic scenario).

Client's requirement is that it should create a back-end PR in R/3 system.

Reason being, the client needs to have only one indenting system and one

procurement system.

which BAPI in R/3 for PR/PO has to be used to create PRs or Pos from SRM. Similarly, RFC which FMs have to be used to update status in SRM.

How to bypass the standard replication mechanism.

Please help me..

Thanks and regards,

Mani

mail id : meetmani22@rediffmail.com

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Why not go for the BADI -> BBP_TARGET_OBJTYPE</b>

Or

<u>Alternatively using SPRO settings, you can change the standard behaviour of the system based on various attrbutes e.g., for a Particular Product, Item category, etc.</u>

<b>Here is the Path ->

IMG -> Supplier Relationship Mnagement -> SRM Server -> Cross-Application Basic settings -> Define Objects in Backend System (Purch. Reqs, Reservations, Purch. Orders)</b>

<b>Define Objects in Backend System (Purch. Reqs, Reservations,</b>

You perform this step only if you create your Materials Management documents in a backend system.

You specify the documents that are to be created in the backend system for a requirement coverage request.

The following documents can be created:

Purchase requisition

Purchase order

Reservation

You enter a product category (such as office supplies, or hardware) and/or an organizational unit. The organizational unit contains the purchasing group that is responsible for procuring products in this category.

You can enter the product category generically, such as Office*.

Note

The backend system is determined  using the product category in the requirement coverage request item. The item also contains the organizatinal unit.

You can use the Business Add-In BBP_TARGET_OBJTYPE if you wish to implement a different logic for creating documents in the backend system.

Example

If purchasing group 01 wants to procure materials from the category Raw Materials, a reservation is to be created every time.
If materials in the category PC are to be procured, a purchase requisition is to be created every time.

Activities

1. Enter the organizational unit and/or the category.

2. Enter a source system.

3. Choose the procurement type.

Reservation if stock is available, otherwise external procurement
The system creates a reservation if the material is subject to inventory management and sufficient stock quantity is available in the warehouse on the requested date.

Always reservation for materials subject to inventory management
The system creates a reservation if the material is subject to inventory management, irrespective of whether stock is available.
Always external procurement
The system does not create a reservation, but always procures the item externally. In this case, you specify the type of external procurement.

The following options are significant if the system cannot create a reservation (for example, if there is no stock available or for a non-stock item) or the system must not create a reservation (choose Always external procurement).
Purchase order if item data complete, otherwise purchase requisition

The system always tries to create a purchase order. If the item data is incomplete (for example, the vendor or price is not known), the system creates a purchase requisition from the item.

Always purchase requisition
The system always creates a purchase requisition.

Always local purchase order
The system always creates a local purchase order.

Hope this will help.

Please reward suitable points.

Regards

- Atul

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please read this.

<b>Control Direct Material Procurement

With the Business Add-In BBP_DP_PROD_CHK_BADI, you can control whether a product can be ordered as a direct material.

See the path in the IMG: SRM Server -> Business Add-Ins for Enterprise Buyer (BAdIs) -> Direct Material and Plan-Driven Procurement -> Control Direct Material Procurement</b>

Hope this will help.

Please reward full points, incase it suits your requirement.

Regards

- Atul

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Atul,

Thanks for your input,

I have checked the BADI BBP_DP_PROD_CHK_BADI,

This badi is used to control direct material procurement is allowed for the material group or not, but my requiremnt is if requested for direct material it should create a backend PR or PO according to config.

I have checked your other "REQ"Badis, those badis help to overwrite config to create a following documents, for EG: For particular Product catagory is configred to create resveration, by using this badi we can create a PR and field mapping can be done as we desired.

But for Direct material we are not doing any config, its program driven process automatically send to purchaser worklist or local PO (yes for local Po we hae assign a document type) but i need to send to backend PR.

Please help me.

Regards,

Mani

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas, Atul

To my knowledge, there is no BADI which can drive your requirement. You need to use the enhancements we discussed before.

I am also interested in getting a solution through BADIs. If somebody had done it before thru BADIs, pl let me know.

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>Also,

There are two BADIs which will help you in achieving the job.</u>

<b>BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI Control Extended Classic Scenario

and

BBP_GROUP_LOC_PO Exit Grouping of Items for Local Purchase Orders </b>

<u>Use, BBP_CREATE_PO_BACK and

BBP_CREATE_REQ_BACK BADIs to pass additional data from SRM system to R/3 back-end.</u>

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Q -> which BAPI in R/3 for PR/PO has to be used to create PRs or Pos from SRM

<b>Ans -> BAPI_PO_CREATE / BAPI_PO_CREATE1 in R/3 system is called from SRM.</b>

<u>Similarly for Requistions -></u><b>BAPI_REQUISITION_CREATE [ Create Purchase Requisition ] will be called from SRM system in R/3 to create the Requisitions.</b>

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi atul,

my confusion is which one i have to used BAPI_PO_CREATE / BAPI_PO_CREATE1 ???

For PR BAPI_Requestion_CREATE / BAPI_Requestion_CREATE1 ?

what is the difference between BAPI_PO_CREATE and BAPI_PO_CREATE1 ?

How to break the standard replication mechanism ?

Please help.

Regards,

Mani

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas

Pl use BAPI_PO_CREATE1 (latest BAPI). The other one is still there for upgraded customers.

For more details on these BAPIs: Goto Txn BAPI. You can see all BAPIs here. Check the BAPIs in MM-purchasing-purchase order, double click on create data. In the right side, choose tab 'Documentation'. Similarly check documentation for CreateFromData1.

Similarly, you can check for PR also (BAPI_REQUISITION_CREATE).

Best regards

Ramki

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramki,

can u please help, how to bypass the standard replication mechanism.

If u give some more details, it will be more helpful for me.

Regards,

Mani

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas

1) No need to schedule your normal reports (clean_req, status etc)

2) Create a Z-program. This program should fetch all the data in a given Shopping cart.

Call BAPI in R/3 to create PR/PO based on the option selected in your selection screen.

The shopping cart no may be updated in Tracking no field.

Best regards

Ramki

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramki,

yes i do agree with you.

I need not be schedule normal reports to update a status, i have to write a coding in FM to update a status.

I need a help..

As per standard which FM or program is tiggering backend R/3 BAPI, so that i can keep as a refernce for my developement ( for my indirect material with account assignment its going to be a follow the normal process).

It will be more helpful for me to findout at cirteria its deciding a controlled extended classic scenario.

Please help me

Regards,

Mani

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas

I think the std is BBP_PD_SC_TRANSFER.

I feel it is easier to code a z-program. Get the details from BBP_PD_SC_Getdetail FM and pass on the values to BAPI. You can also do any mapping as you desire.

Best regards

Ramki