cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy of Inspection results to Batch Charecterstics.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I Created One Quantitative Characteristics & One Batch Characteristics, & assigned the selected set in the Batch Characteristics in value tab Other value & selecting Catalog Group, & I Tested the scenario, Copy inspection result to Batch Characteristic its working fine.

My Quarry is Batch Characteristics are all ready in use, there is a huge inventory on same characteristics.

& I am trying to assign Quantitative Characteristics to the Batch Characteristics, its not allowing me change.

because of this i am unable to copy the result from inspection result to Batch Characteristic.

I know its possible only neutral the inventory against this Characteristics & Change.

This is not possible because there is huge inventory on this Characteristic.

Please Guide how to solve this with out inventory change.

Thanks & Regards

Santosh Patil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please check in IMG-> plant dependent QM settings - > inspection lot completion tab- batch valuation tab is ticked or not.

Thanks

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can only assign one MIC to one general characteristic.  To do this after they are created you must make sure all the values in the MIC match the values from the general characteristic.  This can be difficult and may require you to create a new version of the MIC.

I.e. if the MIC has just a lower spec, than the general characteristic can only have a lower spec. If the MIC has a lower and upper spec, than the general characteristic must have a lower and upper spec and I believe they all have to match with regards to the values.

I believe the specs is the primary thing that has to match aside from the quant/qual settings but that should go with out saying.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks For your replay

I am using Qualitative Characteristics, Know system is not allowing me to assign this Qualitative Characteristics, to one of the batch Characteristics,

is there any user exit for this to copy results from Qualitative Characteristics to Batch Characteristics.

Santosh Patil 

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No.  No user exit.

You should be able to assign the qualitative MIC to the qualitative batch characteristic. 

What did you do with regards to the catalog assignment in the MIC?  Did you have it defeind before trying to link to the general?  Try it without the catalog assigned.  Then if that doesn't work, try it with it assigned, make sure the the plant of the selected sets is the same.

Double check the control indicators and make sure they are OK.

hint:  Create a new general and new MIC from scratch for a qualitative characterisitc.  Then compare the control indicators to MIC you are trying to link up with an existing general characteristic.  Make sure they match.  Hopefully you'll then be able to make the link.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don,t want to create, Because both the batch Characteristics & Quality Characteristics are all ready in use, Know i want to use the same characteristics to be use, Know i try to assign batch characteristics to Quality Characteristics, System is not allowing. How to assign with out creating new one.

Regards

Santosh Patil     

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I only suggested creating a TEST characteristic.  To determine exactly what the control indicators have to be set at in order to link an existing general to an existing MIC.  I.e. create a general like a characteristic in question.  Than create the MIC linking it to the general.  After saving it, check the control indicators in the test MIC.  Than check your control indicators for real MIC and see if they are set the same.  Once they are, then try to link up the MIC to the general.  Also make sure in the MIC you change the setting to a reference MIC.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are also settings in the batch characteristic to identify it as a qualitative characteristic, try that and see if it works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any Solution for this case.

Regards

Santosh