cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Destination G or H?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have a new landscape. I have to connect ECC to XI system. I have to create a proxy scenario from ECC to XI. RFC Destinations like LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI are created by the BASIS people. Now I have to connect for proxies. I am on PI 7.1

I searched in forum and I see that we have to create an RFC Destination of Type H, INTEGRATION_DIRECORY_HMI in ECC and some where else I saw I need to create an RFC Destination of Type G SAP_PROXY_ESR in ECC.

So which one should I create in ECC? Should I create both or one of these?

Again, since there is no RFC or Idoc Adapters used in the next scenarios, I think we don't have to create any RFC Destination of Type T or 3 from ECC or XI. Do I have to create any other RFC destinations?

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

In your case, you need to create type H connection from the back-end ECC system.

Maintain the same in sxmb_adm integration engine configuratrion.

they RFC is of type H as the connection is between the two local integration engines residing in the respective two ABAP stacks of ECC and PI ABAP stack.

In PI 7.31 AEX we have to RFC use G type connection as in PI we wont have any ABAP stack and , in this case the connection is from the ECC ABAP stack to the JAVA stack of PI.

Please check the blog from Michal,

http://scn.sap.com/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2012/01/19/michals-pi-tips-how-do-you-activate-abap-...

Thanks,

Ashish

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

You need to create RFC destination type H in ECC and you need to configure the RFC destination name in sxmb_adm->Integration Engine configuration.

-- Again, since there is no RFC or Idoc Adapters used in the next scenarios, I think we don't have to create any RFC Destination of Type T or 3 from ECC or XI. Do I have to create any other RFC destinations?

-> You don't need to create T & 3 type connections if your not using RFC & IDOCs

Thanks,

Satish.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need both.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raja

Are you sure you need both RFC Destinations? I didn't see the G type in blogs

Regards

rajasekhar_reddy14