Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGI for service order(iw31)

ammad_j
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Please explain me how to do PGI for service order(iw31), I want to create debit memo request with referrence to service order after pgi

<subject line edited. please use effective subject line for better visibility of your discussion and quicker response>

Message was edited by: Jyoti Prakash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do it by MB1A- 261 movement type.

If you have a consignment stock for that service order than you can use 261 W.

Once that is done... RRB- resource related billing can be done thru DP90.

Thanks!

Amlan

ammad_j
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have two scenarios in Service processing

1. In-house repair where you will service/Repair the defective part of the customer in the Company premises. During this process you have to create a repair order ( kind of sales order ) with reference to which you create the delivery and PGI, and Debit memo DP90 from service order

2. Field service where you will do repair/Service at the customer site for which you will send the necessary parts using Advance shipment process which will create Standard Order and do PGI as normal process and do DP90 for service order

hope it is clear

let me know in case if you need further details

regards,

santosh

Matthias038
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

sounds good and easy. In this case you always have movement type 601 when posting goods issue for delivery.

we here are having a process like this:

create the service order when customer is calling. Technician checks for material based on the rror description / error code given by the customer. Technician get the needed parts from stock. They post GI 261 and the costs go to that order. When he returns, he posts 262 for the parts he did not use. The order will get rid of these costs.

The hours he spent are posted with cat2 and be transferred to the order using cat7. Based on this we do the dp90 and create the invoice after that. sometimes special items were added to the debit memeo request manually. after that we create invoice with vf01.

best regards

Matthias

ammad_j
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mathias, working for CS support project, where in service order flow I can able to see GI with respectve to operation 10. and checked it is 261 movment type. I am not understanding how they are creating this material documnet with respective of service order. Plz help me to understand

Matthias038
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ammad,

the first step is to create the service order using iw31 and to enter the material number and quantity you need for doing the service (Let's assume the technician knows already how to olve the error).

When you save the service order the system creates a reservation for the material number you entered as component for your service order. You can check that in transaction md04 (requirements list).

Now the service order to be released. call transaction iw32, enter your service order number. You will see a green flag on the very left of the icons.

save the order, this status (REL) makes it possible to post the GI now in migo. So call transaction migo. Select " post goods issue" on the left and "order" in the field to right. A blank box appears on the right. enter your order number and press enter. the data (material number, quantity, plant, storage loc., batch) will be taken into the screens. set the ok-flag and save the material document. Now you have moved the value anonymous stock to the order value. You have created both financial document and controlling document.

hope that helped a little

Matthias

check also:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/a5/6337db43a211d189410000e829fbbd/content.htm?framese...

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you use This process.

Service order > Quotation > Sale order > PGI > Material Document

With this all documents will be shown in document flow.

Thank$

ammad_j
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias, Its really helped me a lot. Thank you soo much for your detailed explaination

ammad_j
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Moazzam, thank you for your suggestion, but client looking for short process. they do not want quote. it is actually short cash repair process. if customer comes with product for repair, repair will take 10 minuts and he will pay the money there only. so here why we need quote?

as they are already using the process as you explained. I want to make it short.

plz Suggest me on this scenario

Thank and Regards,

Ammad

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ammad

In mathias scenario how you will bill the customer?

For my suggested process if client dont want quot then forget quot. Just play with item categories and make some changes. Change quot document category with sale order and item category will be billing and delivery related. Process will be service order > sale order > pgi > billing.

Thank $

Matthias038
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi MoazzaM,

the billing procedure is resource-related billing using DP90

best regards

Matthias

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks. I got your scenario now. OP has option to go for any of these two available processes. Let him decide what to do.

Thank$

Matthias038
Participant
0 Kudos

It's like order type BV in va01.

Test the standard scenarion with using (self created) material master called "repair", maintain vk11 PR00.

Sounds to me that speed is needed and you can not wait until you have created a lot of postings in SAP.

best regards

Matthias

ammad_j
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Moazzam...for your help and flow will be service order -> Service orde(BV) -> Billing

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just a question

Which scenarios are you doing?

Whether you are sending the part to customer using the service order?

or

repair is being done at Plant location ?

Depening on the above scenario, process varies

regards,

santosh

ammad_j
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mozzam,

in the process service order -> sale order - > billing

can you plz tell me where i do copy control between service order and sale order

and how to configure it please help me in this

Regards,

Ammad

Matthias038
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ammad,

if you wonder what you have to do to make the dp90 run, it is easy. There is no copy control like you have it in sales. When you call transaction dp90 and enter the service order number the billing request will be created for for was posted as costs. Remember it is a resource-related billing.

You assign the sales order type for that in odp1 on the first level. In standard it is "DR" and "CR". For creating the final invoice you need the system to copy from sales order type "DR" to invoice. As long as you stay with standard settings this copy controll is already fine.

hope that helps

Matthias

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

In service order to sale order you can't maintain copy control like in VTFL or sale order to sale order. The settings which creates a sale order against a service order is in ODP1. You define a DIP profile in this Tcode and in DIP profile you tell tll the system which order type system will create w.r.t service order.

Thank$

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the DIP profile you will assign the sales order type, which is your debit memo request

check in ODP1 for your profile agains the usage 01 or 11

steps:-

1. Crete the service order in IW31

2. Enter the operations

3. Enter the component

4. Cofirm operations in IW41

5. Post GI using 261 movement type for Service order

6.DP90 using service order

7. DP90 will generate debit memo request, va02

8.Billing using the debit memo request

hope it is clear

regards,

santosh

Matthias038
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ammad,

place your material in tab "components" give storage location / plant / quantity. Save and release the service order. goto migo and post goods issue to order (movement type 261). enter order number and post the GI.

in kob1 you will see the costs on your service order.

in DP90 you will see the material as cost item that can be invoiced.

best regards

Matthias